Who already has Rondo 2 or is waiting to receive Rondo 2?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

One excellent thing about Rondos and Rondo2s:   you can put your glasses on without worrying about aim.

My Rondo2 is sounding great after a couple of days of rehab, I think I was just reacting to the volume - which I still plan to ask my audiologist about.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am happy you are enjoying your Rondo 2 processors @Mary Featherston.  Off the ear is hard to beat.  Are you still clipping to your shirt?  We were discussing ways of making a different security line to eyeglasses.  Med-El sells one but you need to use the hair clip to attach to the rubber loop.  I am interested in a design that does not have shiny metal.  We are contemplating some ideas to test out.

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I am happy you are enjoying your Rondo 2 processors @Mary Featherston.  Off the ear is hard to beat.  Are you still clipping to your shirt?  We were discussing ways of making a different security line to eyeglasses.  Med-El sells one but you need to use the hair clip to attach to the rubber loop.  I am interested in a design that does not have shiny metal.  We are contemplating some ideas to test out.

@Mary Beth, yes, I use the shirt clip on the processors.  I'd attach to my glasses, though, if I could.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

The eyeglass attachment loop is listed under Rondo 1 but in a video Med-El posted on their official FB page, a gentleman was using Rondo 2 attached to his glasses.

I think there are jewelry clasps, crimps and bands that I may try to design an attachment line to my glasses.  I’m happy to show off my processors but I really don’t want a shiny piece in the attachment line.

• HearPeers Heroes

My Rondo2 came with a 3S magnet for the synchrony implant

• HearPeers Heroes

Something just occurred to me.  If you clip to your glasses you can't remove the glasses without yanking off your Rondo.  I clean my lenses a lot.....

Hi Mary, Wear contact lenses, problem solved 😀😇HA!HA! 

I just had to throw that out to you

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

Hi Mary, Wear contact lenses, problem solved 😀😇HA!HA! 

I just had to throw that out to you

At no point will I stick things in my eyes. 

I whole Hartley agree with you. I also ware glasses and I could never poke my eye much less stick something in them

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
On 12/31/2018 at 8:40 PM, Mary Beth said:

369A1958-3069-4833-B936-05309551A4B9.png

Feeding the fishing line thru the Rondo side hole is why God created grandchildren !!

• HearPeers Heroes

It is great that attaching the security line is so much simpler in the Rondo 2 design!

• 1 month later...

Hi All -- well finally got implanted in Jan with MEd-El and activated last Thursday (2 days ago). What a trip! So exhilarating hearing all those high frequencies I have not heard for over 10 years.

Birds tweeting, rain on my windshield and snow falling off trees.... amazing.

As you can imagine everything sounds really weird. My brain has been working for so long with such a limited pallet of audio clues that it is trying to wrap itself around all the new information and I can see this will take time. I actually tried my guitar today (I know...I should probably wait a while for that but hey...) and yep it is like listening to a toilet flush. But not as bad as I imagined... fun nonetheless and not at all discouraging...

I have both the Rondo2 and Sonnet and am switching between both...The omni mic on the R2 is kind of disorienting --- no directionality at all... but I imagine you get used to that and it may be better for music in the long run...

Anyway....on a practical note -- my kit included a Roger Select table mic thing...and I am really mostly interested in having connectivity to my phone via bluetooth for audio and calls... what are my best options if I have to purchase something. A MyLink cam with the kit....and I may be able to swap the Select for a Pen -- don't know...

Many thanks

Ford

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ford

Now the fun begins!  Jot down notes.  Things change so fast.  It’s fun to read over the notes later.

The Roger Select has more advanced mics than the Roger Pen.

Unfortunately none of the Roger devices will stream audio (other than actual phone calls) so you would need to use the cable between the Roger device and your phone.

I find omni best for music.  The other mic settings dampen the bass.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ford

I forgot to mention that the Roger Select and the Roger Pen have the same BT functionality.

• HearPeers Heroes

Whoa.  I wore my Rondo2s today - we went to dinner at this diner kind of place, it's really cool, been there since 1934 and they have great hamburgers and malts.  It's also the noisiest place I've been in since activation and boy oh boy did I miss my adaptive program.

I stepped down sensitivity as much as I could and got by but I think I've just learned that when we're going to be in a restaurant I really need to use my Sonnets.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

That may change over time for you and it may not.  You may always prefer the beam forming front end processing of adaptive in noise.  It is impressive.

Dual mics were not available when I learned to listen with my CIs.  All processors used omni in ASM 1, even the Sonnet used omni in ASM 1 in the US from release (April 2015-May 2017).  So I learned to listen in noise in omni.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth this is the first time I've really regretted not having my Sonnets.  That place was NOISY.  I would imagine that given time to adjust the brain would learn to filter some of it just like the car noise, which I've already kind of assimilated.  But it was kind of miserable from a conversational standpoint so I'd probably use the Sonnets next time, even if it means that I might not learn to listen in noise as well with Omni.

When I am wearing the Rondo I always take the other Sonnet with me just in case.You can always find a place to do the replacement if you are not comfortable where you are.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh last night I was trying to minimize what I had to carry.  We went to dinner and then to a model railroad museum where they had a special lighted train display and I knew I'd be walking around a lot.  Also, if you've ever been to a model railway museum, you know you have to be aware of where your feet are all the time - little kids DO NOT watch what they're running into when there are moving train sets all around them.