Ear very full and blocked 10 days after CI surgery

Marko

Hi I would like some advice regarding relieving ear pressure. It has been 10 days since my CI surgery on my right ear and I am getting a lot of ear pressure, it feels very full. I really want to blow my nose to help it pop but I know this is strongly advised against - so I was wondering if any of you have any information about alternative ways to help relieve the pressure?

Perhaps something like exercises or manoeuvres that can help? My ear has popped a bit on its own a few times in recent days - such as when I am swallowing food or a drink - is this normal or something to be concerned about? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Marko and congratulations on your CI!  Which processor did you choose?

People have different post op experiences.  Some have a lot of fluid in their middle ear. 

Are you able to contact your CI surgeon and ask?  She/he will know your situation best.

Sneezing and blowing my nose were on my do not do list for 6 weeks.

I would suggest contacting your surgeon,it’s probably nonthing to be concerned about.When you find out let us know on HP.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lozenges. Something to suck on. Or an anti inflammatory might be helpful. Of course seek advice form the CI surgeon but this is back pocket info.