Alarm Clock

pakom

Could folks share what they use to wake them?  I cannot hear an alarm clock.  I was was able to wake up with the flash on my cell phone.  All of a sudden, the clock alarm on the cell phone no longer flashes.  I see online that many alarm clocks have something that shakes the bed, but before I try that, I was hoping someone has a better solution.

• HearPeers Heroes

I use a FitBit Alta.  It vibrates on my wrist and doesn’t wake up others.  I can also set it to vibrate for phone calls.

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

Works great for me.  Good luck!

Mary Beth, I am looking at the Fitbit online and see there is an Alta and an Alta HR...which one do you use?

I use an iLuv SmartShaker 2. Very powerful, very slim and hasn’t failed me yet and I’m a very deep sleeper. Need a phone or tablet to program it though... fits nicely in the pillow case.

• HearPeers Heroes
9 hours ago, Hicksy said:

I use an iLuv SmartShaker 2. Very powerful, very slim and hasn’t failed me yet and I’m a very deep sleeper. Need a phone or tablet to program it though... fits nicely in the pillow case.

Doesn't the bump in your pillow bother you?  I have a shaker alarm - it's a travel alarm that I carried when I used to travel for business.  But I shoved it between the box spring and the mattress, not in the pillow.

The SmartShaker is so slim I put it on the underside of the pillow (in the pillowcase). Don’t notice it at all and it sure is powerful. I have the SmartShaker 2 though, more expensive than the original. Charges via USB and you set alarms via a Bluetooth app you install on your device. Once the alarm is set, the device thats sets the alarm doesn’t even need to be on or anywhere near the SmartShaker. Battery lasts quite a long time

Yes that is it. Looks like my app needs updating. Didn’t realize it could also turn on lamps (not that I need it)😀

i cant speak to the original, but the 2 sure does the job!

(checked the App Store for IOS devices and there is a new app for controlling lights, going to try it out. Thanks Mary Beth! )

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hicksy

It mentions that there are 3 different strength settings for vibrations.  Which one do you use?  (The strongest setting is called earthquake!  Yikes!)

The actual app uses “normal, strong and strongest” instead of earthquake. I use strongest as I am a very deep sleeper usually. I put the SmartShaker in the pillow case as I tend to drag the pillow around the bed😀. I’m sure it would wake most up even sitting on a nightstand, it rattles that much.

There are some good options here.  I am going to try a light bulb that flashes/strobe plugged into a timer and see if it will wake me.  If not, then I'll look into these other solutions. When my cellphone clock alarm flashed, it always woke me.  But the flash stopped working, (don't know what happened).

• HearPeers Heroes

@pakom

They sell flashing stands for cell phones too.  Like this

748C2C70-62E4-4DC7-A000-7C57DA7E8E1B.png

• HearPeers Heroes

I'd like to use a light flashing alarm clock but I'm quite certain I'd have to peel my husband off the ceiling every morning.

@pakom

@pakom

That looks like just what I need, (as long as the light is bright enough), thank you...you always come through with just the right information for us!

• HearPeers Heroes

I’ve used the Sonic Alert - Sonic Boom for years. It vibrates (I put in between the mattress and box spring), flashes your table lamp, and makes a loud noise if you choose that option. I use the flashing light in the fall/winter and the vibrating option in the spring/summer. I also use the fit bit Alta when traveling

You have a lot of options now @pakom!!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Not all of the alarm clocks are suitable for me as well. I use projection alarm clock, cause it can get pretty loud and it is just what I need. It is not just useful, but it is unusual as well. Really hope it helped you, check out its advantages and disadvantages if you want https://geeklah.com/best-projection-alarm-clock.html

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to HearPeers!

@bobbyco

You are able to set your projection alarm clock so it’s alarm is loud enough for you to hear with your CIs off?

I cannot hear anything with my CIs off.  An audio alarm clock will not work for me.

How long have you had your CIs?  Which processors do you use?

8 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Welcome to HearPeers!

@bobbyco

You are able to set your projection alarm clock so it’s alarm is loud enough for you to hear with your CIs off?

I cannot hear anything with my CIs off.  An audio alarm clock will not work for me.

How long have you had your CIs?  Which processors do you use?

Well, yeah I can, I guess I am lucky. I have started using them like a half of a year ago, cause it wasnt essential for me. I use necleus 5

14 hours ago, bobbyco said:

Not all of the alarm clocks are suitable for me as well. I use projection alarm clock, cause it can get pretty loud and it is just what I need. It is not just useful, but it is unusual as well. Really hope it helped you, check out its advantages and disadvantages if you want https://geeklah.com/best-projection-alarm-clock.html

Thanks for your reply Bobbyco, but like Mary Beth says, I cannot hear when I take off the CI at bedtime.  So far a strobe light bulb set with a timer has been waking me up.  Also I figured out how to get my cellphone alarm to flash...the clock alarm turns on, it rings and makes the flashlight "flash".  So with those two things flashing, it's waking me up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

FitBit is great, even the Flex - the simplest version of Fitbit family. But my new love is a sunrise alarm clock. 

• Like 2