Comfortable listening on LONG flights

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I am re-evaluating how to listen comfortably on long international flights.

My go to tech for listening on planes has been BOSE QC35 noise canceling headphones.  I will still use them with my OPUS2 processors but not with my Sonnets.  But headphones are not always comfortable on long flights if I rest my head against the plane wall.

DAI red jack cable is an option but I find it too stiff.  It pulls my processors off of my ears when I turn my head.  And I can not quickly switch to hearing the stewardess without disconnecting the cable from the processors.

Roger Systems are not to be used on planes per Phonak.

Artone BT neckloop or music links require switching to T and planes produce too much electromagnetic interference (buzzing).

So I am thinking of using CozyPhones.  

What do or will you use on long International flights?

I have a trip to New Zealand at the end of the year. I'm planning on using my Phonak Compilot, undecided whether to go for the current 25/75% setup or to go for 0/100%.

We also have the QC35 but they are my wife's headphones and she is also travelling 😁

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger  Enjoy your trip.

Phonak says ComPilots should not be used on airplanes.  Just FYI.

https://www.phonak.com/content/dam/phonak/HQ/en/solution/products/audeo_b/documents/fact_sheet_belong_wireless_hearing_aids.pdf

F05000BC-48A2-4F68-9E37-C27F556903DD.png

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

CozyPhones.....great sound, $20 US, ships internationally....available on their website and on Amazon.

• Like 1

@Mary Beth well, I'm not sure if I will be comfortable using a headband. For now I'm going to pass, luckily my trip is with family coming from my home country so it won't be boring at all.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I can understand that.  With my Rondos, no headband is needed.  The magnet strength of my Rondos holds the flat round black speakers in place.  It’s crazy really.  Cannot even see them.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hm.  I may be able to do that with Rondo 2s by the time we go to France next spring.  So do you mean the flat round black speakers from the cozyphones?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I don’t know if the same trick will work with Rondo 2s.  The Rondo 2 has the magnet positioned on the bottom of the unit against our heads.  The Rondo 1 has the magnet positioned inside.  This may alter the strength of the magnet on the top of the unit.  Also the Rondo has a flatter top design.

Yes the flat stereo speakers of the CozyPhones just adhere to my Rondo 1.  It works for my friend, @Sheila Vieira too.  One side of those speakers is blue and the other side is black.  Blue goes toward our processor mic.  I am amazed that sound doesn’t leak out to others but we tested it and it doesn’t.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I made a video about CozyPhones for some friends.  I will try to upload a short clip from it that shows the CozyPhones speakers attached to my Rondos.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

Its my first attempt at uploading a video that I created.  I wonder if it works only on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

Oddly enough I can view the video even on devices that do not have the video downloaded on them but possibly I am the only one who can see the video.

@MED-EL Moderator

Is there a way for us to upload short video clips?

Hi @Mary Beth, I can see and download your video. And was also able to do it myself (it just needs to be less than 511 MB, so nothing too big :)) I wonder if it was a temporary problem - @Daniel the Stranger are you able to download Mary Beth's link now? 

I will also upload it below to see if you can view it. 

Kind regards, 

Mary