Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

@Joan

@Nikki

@Megan L.

Does the video work for you?

No - it did load, I could see you, and it let me click on the arrow to start it, but it never did play (though I didn't wait all that long, I'm at work).

• HearPeers Heroes

I'll take a look at home tonight - I just didn't want to wait while in the office.

6 hours ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @Mary Beth, I can see and download your video. And was also able to do it myself (it just needs to be less than 511 MB, so nothing too big :)) I wonder if it was a temporary problem - @Daniel the Stranger are you able to download Mary Beth's link now? 

I will also upload it below to see if you can view it. 

Kind regards, 

Mary

372DE603-6E11-4BEF-AD5B-554760C3226B (3).MOV

Well @Mary Beth was right. I tried watching the file on my Windows Laptop and my Android phone and it didn't work either. I then tried in my iPad and it worked. In all three I used Google Chrome. So, if you don't have a Mac OS or iPad/iPhone you can't see it.

Maybe you can upload the file in .mp4 next time? mp4 are more universal and can be played anywhere.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am sorry I was correct because it sure would be nicer if the short video clip played on all devices and not just Apple products.  Maybe sharing video clips is not such a good idea for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I was able to watch the video just now - on a Windows PC and Firefox.  So thank you!  For $20 I think I'll buy those before vacation and see if they work on Rondo 2.

34 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

@Mary Beth I was able to watch the video just now - on a Windows PC and Firefox.  So thank you!  For $20 I think I'll buy those before vacation and see if they work on Rondo 2.

So it would be for Windows users as long as they are Hearpeers Guru?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

If I had a Rondo 2 I would test the CozyPhones for you.  I have doubts that they will adhere the same way without the headband.  

Several of my my friends have CozyPhones and love them.  They are Rondo 1, OPUS 2 and Sonnet users.  The OPUS 2 and Sonnet users wear the lycra headband.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth if it doesn't stick to the Rondo 2 like it does to the Rondo, maybe I'll use the headband. My primary objection is ending up with hat hair on landing, but after an eight-hour flight, looking good is a crapshoot at best.

• HearPeers Heroes
10 hours ago, Daniel the Stranger said:

So it would be for Windows users as long as they are Hearpeers Guru?

That would surprise me.  Did you try with Firefox?  Maybe your problem was Chrome.

Hi MB

Was not able to watch the vid on my android but I like your photo

As for the topic, I put the plane provided ear buds by the microphone area on my sonnet and listen this way

Otherwise I just snooze off or chat with another chatty person, if they started it :)

4 hours ago, Mary Featherston said:

That would surprise me.  Did you try with Firefox?  Maybe your problem was Chrome.

I tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. None of them worked for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki  thanks for letting me know.

So it seems short video clips are not accessible to everyone.  So I will not upload video clips as it is important that we all have access to everything.

@MED-EL Moderator If you know a way for short video clips to be uploaded and be accessible to everyone, please let us know.  Thanks.

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Daniel the Stranger said:

I tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. None of them worked for me.

I would have thought that Chrome and Firefox would work.  Do you use Edge much?  I'm not wild about it.

26 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

I would have thought that Chrome and Firefox would work.  Do you use Edge much?  I'm not wild about it.

No, I don't use edge except for work so I can have the school management and Office 365 management platform in a different browser. I use mostly Firefox and Chrome for everything.

• 7 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
11 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

What did you end up using to listen on your long flight?

Yikes, confession time.  I didn't.  There were 250 people in the plane, making noise and I just said, yeah, no, and used captioning.

I'll do better next time.  🙂

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Your post made me laugh out loud!

I’m getting ready for a long flight and was deciding on what to bring to plug into the audio system.  I’m going to bring 3 options and see what works best.

-CozyPhones

-BOSE QC35 BT headphones with optional cable

-DAI red jack cable with a short extender so it doesn’t pull on my ears

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I did buy CozyPhones and suspect I'll like them once I'm used to them.  Have a good trip!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Do CozyPhones adhere directly to your Rondo 2 processors like they do to my Rondo 1 processors or do you need to use the headband?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth they adhere - at least, once I realized which side was the magnetic side, d'oh.  I kind of wondered, though, whether the sound would kind of leak out.  Would others have to listen to my movie too?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Which strength magnets do you use in your Rondo 2 processors?

That is the weirdest thing about those speakers!  When I used them with my Rondo 1 processors the first time, I asked my family to sit close and tell me if the sound leaked out.  It did not!  When I brought them to an appt with my audiologist, I did the same thing and no sound leaked out.  Crazy!  But wonderful for us!