Listening to music with Sonnets compared to OPUS2/RONDO

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

For those of you who have both Sonnets and OPUS2/RONDO processors or have had both....

How does listening to music with your Sonnets compare to listening to music with  either OPUS 2 or RONDO?

Do you notice any difference with bass tones?

• HearPeers Heroes

@MallaRuth

Did you notice a difference in bass tones in music when you switched from your OPUS 2 processors to Sonnets?

I can't say it's something I noticed at all! I found the transition from Opus 2 to Sonnet fairly unremarkable (in a good way). I have never tried the Rondo. What is your experience with it, @Mary Beth?

• HearPeers Heroes

@MallaRuth

I perceive full deep bass tones of music with OPUS2/Rondo and with Sonnet processors.  There may be a slight advantage to the Sonnet and bass tones in music but only slight.

For me, the ability to perceive deep bass tones in music is a combination of any Med-El processor and an awesome MAP by my audiologist.

OPUS2, Rondo or Sonnet all do well with bass tones in music for me.

My OPUS2 and Rondo have the same MAPs automatically converted for each processor.

My Sonnets require a different MAP.  The automatically converted MAPs did not work for me.  My audiologist had to create different MAPs for my Sonnets.