A is for Activation!

Chris

Just got activated 2&1/2 hrs ago. I'm hearing things I haven't heard for twenty years or more.  Had a full conversation in the car on the way home with my wife and heard everything. This is with my CI and a hearing aid. I haven't been able to hear in the car for years and years.  Just a few minutes ago, I was typing on the computer and my wife came in and we had a conversation... then I realized I had turned my HA off!  I'm astonished at how much I can hear already. It all sounds a bit artificial right now, but it is nothing less than astounding to me. The balance of sound is so much superior to my hearing aid.

Today was a very, very, very good day for me. Tomorrow will be even better.

Chris

• HearPeers Heroes

Chris, I am so happy for you. And it gets better. Keep us up to date on your progress.

• HearPeers Heroes

my wife and i had a dinner out a few months ago. aa we were in the parking lot heading home , she asked, do you realize we just went toeat in a crowded noisy restaurant and you heard every word i said????

WOW. it was awesome.

you will have those same moments and we cant wait to hear about them. Cool

• HearPeers Heroes

chris, almost forgot S is for a very successful day

• HearPeers Heroes

my wife and i had a dinner out a few months ago. aa we were in the parking lot heading home , she asked, do you realize we just went toeat in a crowded noisy restaurant and you heard every word i said????

WOW. it was awesome.

you will have those same moments and we cant wait to hear about them. Cool

Awesome! Surprised

I still can not do that because we BB does not have automatic sound customisation option. Cry

• HearPeers Heroes

Just got activated 2&1/2 hrs ago. I'm hearing things I haven't heard for twenty years or more.  Had a full conversation in the car on the way home with my wife and heard everything. This is with my CI and a hearing aid. I haven't been able to hear in the car for years and years.  Just a few minutes ago, I was typing on the computer and my wife came in and we had a conversation... then I realized I had turned my HA off!  I'm astonished at how much I can hear already. It all sounds a bit artificial right now, but it is nothing less than astounding to me. The balance of sound is so much superior to my hearing aid.

Today was a very, very, very good day for me. Tomorrow will be even better.

Chris

SurprisedSurprisedSurprised

At first I have read - 2,5 YEARS, but after careful rereading I have corrected my Ferrari brain Laughing - 2xAWEsome!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana I am sure you will improve with your device similar to a CI. realize that the dinner conversation was a few months ago. I have had my implants for 2.5 years.

You will get better.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana I am sure you will improve with your device similar to a CI. realize that the dinner conversation was a few months ago. I have had my implants for 2.5 years.

You will get better.

I hope so, Adam.Undecided

Right now, I think that BB/VSB is conceived very roughly - a lot of technical solutions which CI has, other implants does not have. For instance BT.

• HearPeers Heroes

how do you hear now compared to before activation?

A lot better - that is unquestionable. I am whining about technical details which easy our lives. For instance, right now I can not use stethoscope at all: I need that BT. We do not have possibility to hear music over headphones (it squeals), don't have automatic sound control so I have to manually switch myself and people actually reminds this - I can see them.

This is in rough my observations...

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe you can be the one to help change this or provide improvements for the medical profession like a stethescope that works for your headpiece.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, we have already sent our suggestions to the HQ over Med-El regional office - we'll see what will happen.

• HearPeers Heroes

There ya go!! Just think of how many other doctors that could be able to help thoufands of people even better quality of care due to your suggestions and efforts. How cool would that be?

• HearPeers Heroes

There ya go!! Just think of how many other doctors that could be able to help thoufands of people even better quality of care due to your suggestions and efforts. How cool would that be?

(Blush..Embarassed..) We'll see... You see how great effort lies behind the inventor of VSB: this is giant step for hope of people with conductive hearing loss although his intention was to create a device for - sensoneural hearing loss. Incredible story of human - perseverance.

• HearPeers Heroes

We'll see!?!?!?! Don't sell yourself short Ivana. You could add valuable insight to "the powers that be" by giving ideas they probably have never thought of as it has either been a very long time or never since they have worked in a clinical (patient care) setting.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, you are in a unique position: an ENT and a recipient of the BB. your input to Med-el will and should be invaluable as this is new technology and the pros and cons need to be discussed and problems/challenges dealt with for current and future recipients.

Thanks , everyone. It's already been a life changing experience and both my wife and I are walking around with grins all day. Fantastic!

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok, ok...I am aware of what you people are telling me. Just little bit loosening the attention around but I gladly help and know that the greatest burden is to the one who is in the game. Me, Thomas or Fredrik or anyone else on these tracks... Bigger mistake is to take a silent position and then grin than to put the Sísuphos to look at the back of the mountain again. Modern worlds calls this - a social responsibility.

So glad to have possibility to speak with Thomas and Fredrik what can be done taking notes to our observations.

We'll see!?!?!?! Don't sell yourself short Ivana. You could add valuable insight to "the powers that be" by giving ideas they probably have never thought of as it has either been a very long time or never since they have worked in a clinical (patient care) setting.

Ivana, you are in a unique position: an ENT and a recipient of the BB. your input to Med-el will and should be invaluable as this is new technology and the pros and cons need to be discussed and problems/challenges dealt with for current and future recipients.

Tell her Sandy!!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks , everyone. It's already been a life changing experience and both my wife and I are walking around with grins all day. Fantastic!

Sorry Chris because we've "drown" YOUR topic with another thoughts....  What an excellent news... Really, nothing better can not happen - this is your step further up for everything else.

• HearPeers Heroes

Chris,

You haven't seen anything yet! be sure to celebrate all the victories and try not to get frustrated when you think you should be making more progress than you are. Just take it day by day!!