EarGear for Rondo2

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

So I ordered an Ear Gear for my Rondo2! The manufacturer simply adjusted the case for the original Rondo. Fits well! I'm very pleased. 

The quality of the pic isn't so great as I had to keep resizing the pic due to my reaching my media upload limit for this forum. Can you please increase my limit @MED-EL Moderator

PhotoPictureResizer_190102_205213040-1209x1612-604x805.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

If we meet up in Niagara Falls NY in September, we will have to compare the Rondo 1 and Rondo 2 EarGear covers!

I hope you enjoy hearing in the water as much as me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I hope the clip lasts a long time for you. Mine did not, it broke within a few days 🙁.

i prefer to use the clip for clothes, see attached 

AE86E928-1402-4EE1-98AB-AC2323F2F42A.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

This kind of clip broke within a few days for you?  I have used the same clip for over three years.  It took me awhile to get used to how to open the clip correctly.

I am sorry to hear your clip broke so fast.  Did you contact EarGears about it?

815EFB3D-A41E-4F6D-9DB7-C6FB404651D9.png

• HearPeers Heroes

I use the loopclip. The kit came with two units and the first one broke the last month after two years. I can not  find it at MED EL shop to buy some of them.

The loop go to glasses pin

IMG_20190202_223033-03.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Which part are you trying to find:  the piece that attaches to your glasses or the safety line with the hair clip ?

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm trying to find the loop attached to glasses and clip.

I have solved the the safety line between Rondo and the clip.

Screenshot_76.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

These pics list the Med-El item numbers.  Maybe you can contact your Med-El office and ask.

E33715F8-592A-4BC8-99EE-2299269589BD.png

9A1B23B0-ACA0-4F3B-A38E-C913970B0A5E.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth  I'm using  Invisible fishing line and, for security I change it every 6 months. I have a reel of 100 meters probably for a large time  and support 7lbs  of weight (Rondo is more light) 😉 😎

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you for info about fixation loop. I could not find it when I searched it on shop. I ask to Europe headquarter directly on Monday

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Are you using the clip to attach to the glasses loop so you can unhook it when you want to remove your glasses but still hear?

• HearPeers Heroes

To the clip I attach one side of the loop. The clip have the nylon and this go to Rondo.
Ther other side of loop go to the glasses. With the time I remove and insert the loop of the glasses in some seconds, but I wear glasses every day, so I insert in the morning, and remove when go to bed. Rarely I remove the glasses over the day.

IMG_20190203_000258.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Nice set up @Valentin.  I was thinking of securing the line to the loop directly without using the clip.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm using the small clip instead the big. This have good grip and is more discreet. I tried at first time to do as you comment, but it to seem less secure.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth you can use the grip directly to the glasses but the grip have no protection inside and the small friction with the pin of the glasses damage it, so I prefered to use the loop.

For this reason I'm looking the loop. The friction after two years, damage it. It's more cheap to change the loop that the frame or pin.

• 3 months later...

My son is trying the Rondo 2 (10 days free trial period) we would be interested in buying it mainly for water activities and as a backup processor (currently he has 2 opus 2 xs processors). We have used the waterwear in the daily bath at home these past days and we found it very useful. The problem comes at the time of securing it using the small plastic holder that forms part waterwear it doesn’t feel safe at all. We would like to let him be around the pool with his ”waterweared”  rondo 2 secured with a retainer attached to a collar and use a headband or swimming cap when he decides to get into the pool. The problem is that doesn’t look safe at all just with the retainer attached to the waterwear.  Do any of you have found out any brilliant way to secure the waterweared rondo2 without the headband or swimming cap? maybe eargear is the better  option..

• HearPeers Heroes

I use EarGear with tether and clip and a nammucap.  In the ocean.....works great. Sounds wonderful.

I'm going to order the eargear for rondo 2. I will give you his feedback. Thanks!

On 1/3/2019 at 3:02 AM, Jewel said:

So I ordered an Ear Gear for my Rondo2! The manufacturer simply adjusted the case for the original Rondo. Fits well! I'm very pleased. 

The quality of the pic isn't so great as I had to keep resizing the pic due to my reaching my media upload limit for this forum. Can you please increase my limit @MED-EL Moderator

PhotoPictureResizer_190102_205213040-1209x1612-604x805.jpg

Hi, I'm looking for the specific eargear for Rondo 2 with no luck, I can only find the one made specifically for Rondo 1. Could you please share the specific link if you have It? Thanks in advance

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

How did you get your Rondo 2 EarGear?

• HearPeers Heroes

@VictorR

@Mary Beth

I emailed EarGear and sent them the dimensions of the Rondo2 and they modified the Rondo1 cover so that it could fit Rondo2. Wasn't a problem for them. 

So I suggest you just send them an email.