Nagaraju

Need information for Surgery Implant

Makes perfect sense @Cara Mia

Thank you @Cara Mia and @Mary Beth for your wonderful responses.  My CI Implantation is done and I am in a recovery week, seems pretty good as of now except some bizarre taste issues and clicking sound and ringing in ear. Sometimes this ringing in ear is causing to not to function (not to grasp words properly) in other ear as well might get better coming days.

My Activation is scheduled for next week my audiologist might evaluate the residual earing and might determine the EAS is suited one or not, If the residual hearing is preserved I will choose the EAS one as based on the above suggestions its giving more natural way of hearing.

Also read in the forum the US Recipients will be given a Roundo2 voucher, If so am I eligible to get the Roundo2 voucher, Getting Roundo2 voucher will help me a lot and I can choose to programme Roundo2 to for all frequencies and use Roundo2 whenever needed and based on need.

@Nagaraju

Congratulations on your CI.  Rest easy.

Activation is when all the fun begins!  I am looking forward to following your journey.

Med-El runs promotions in different countries at different times.  The Plus Rondo 2 promotion ended in the US when the Rondo 2 was released early December I believe but check with your CI audiologist.  She will know if there are any Med-El promotions that you fall into.

@Mary Beth   @Jewel  @Cara Mia   

Thanks for your posts, all helped.  I am gradually becoming a little empowered, which is needed.  Time limits exist for trialing  the two processors.  I am awaiting confirmation from audi as to  how long.  Because of this if I have residual hearing I'll give priority to Sonnet EAS trial and  Rondo 2 if not.  Rondo  2 was  my preference before EAS

Cara Mia, when you say the Rondo 2 processor could be programmed to allow compensation for low frequencies electronically and speed up adjustment time, can you comment on whether sound was affected?  Also, is there a source for looking closer at this programming?  And, stupid question, what does EA stand for?  Thanks.

C T Lex

Electric Acoustic (I think)