More Rondo 2 info

Hearing Again

Learned all about my Rondo the past few months since being implanted in September. And yesterday, got my Rondo 2 upgrade. I feel overwhelmed as now I need to learn all about that processor. 

First of all, let me say, IT IS INCREDIBLE!!! But the learning curve for my audi, it’s gotta be overwhelming for her too. She learned a lot when I was there yesterday and did a great job. But she told me there is no telecoil in the Rondo 2 as there is in the Rondo. In talking to other people in here, I understand there is a telecoil with the Rondo 2. Any input in this would be much appreciated. 

Likewise, my audi was of the belief that the program control (4 buttons on fine tuner remote) and sensitivity button on my remote were no longer applicable on the Rondo 2.  Anybody know anything about that?

Lastly, connectivity. My audi and I both figured that the roger pen that I already had from my original Rondo, and other roger devices I was going to purchase would simply connect wirelessly with my Rondo 2. Since that, I have heard on here that I would instead need a special roger headset to use the roger devices on my Rondo 2. And, for blue tooth reception, I would need a different neck piece called, umm, I forget. What does Hearpeers members know about that. 

• HearPeers Heroes

You can connect to Bluetooth devices with a neckloop.  I have one and it's great!  Nice clear sound.  It's the Artone 3:   http://www.artonecs.com/store/p1/Artone_3_MAX_world's_strongest_streamer.html

As if I’m not too overwhelmed right now with figuring out what gadgets work with the Rondo 2 and what doesn’t, I went and bought a Artone 3 Max. Only $124 with free shipping on Amazon. I figured it would be alot more than that. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I love my Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  I have 2!

Very easy to use.

Charge it fully.

put your phone in BT pairing mode/screen

press and hold center button on the Artone until you see alternating blue/red lights blinking then release

it should show up on your phone on the BT screen.  Select it.

phone will display headphone icon (iPhones do at least)

place the neckloop around your neck

Use the Fine Tuner to switch processor (Sonnet, Rondo 2, Rondo 1, OPUS2) into either....

MT to hear environment and phone 

T to hear phone only

enjoy @hearagain

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

My audi said I just need to press the same button that is used to power the Rondo2 on and off to change the programs. There is no fine tuner in the PLUSRONDO kit. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

The Fine Tuner directions are in the Rondo 2 manual.  Since US PLUS RONDO2 kits were extra processors, everyone already has a Fine Tuner from their activation kits. Just sync any Fine Tuner with the Rondo 2 and it will work.

I shared my Fine Tuner with a friend at dinner so she could switch programs when she forgot hers.  It’s quick and easy to sync Fine Tuners.

I have not seen anything about using the on/off button for more than on/off.  Have you?

Other CI brands use their power buttons to switch programs but I have not read about that for Med-El.

Definitely the FineTuner is how we switch Rondo 2 processors into MT and T.

• HearPeers Heroes

If pressing the on/off button does switch program slots on the Rondo 2, please let us know.

@Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Sorry I just got around to checking this out. I had read some of the manual prior to my appointment. But I just reread the pertinent sections this morning. You are right. You have to use the Fine Tuner to switch programs. So my audi advised me incorrectly. 

What I don't understand is I never see my audi take out my Fine Tuner and program it so how does it automatically have the relevant programs? 

The programs for the Rondo2 are different from those she gave me for the Sonnet. She removed the omni from my Sonnet but I noticed driving back from the audi to the hotel that I could hear everyone in the car very well while wearing the Rondo2 but it wasn't as clear while wearing the Sonnet. Looks like she will have to give me back omni on the Sonnet. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Think of the Fine Tuner as just a tool to move our processors into the right program slots or setting changes.  Nothing is stored on the Fine Tuner.  Everything is stored in the processor itself.  The Fine Tuner just moves our processor into the selected program slots, changes volume & sensitivity and activates the telecoil.  This is why we can use any Fine Tuner with any processor.  Just have to sync them first.  So a friend and I were able to share my Fine Tuner at the restaurant as long as we synced it to our processors first.

You may be noticing sound differences between ASM 1 and ASM 2 as well Jewel in addition to mic setting changes.  Just a thought.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Too bad the audi removed the omni from my Sonnet. She decided to replace it with a car program for wind noise. 

So I can't compare the omni of the Sonnet with that of the Rondo2. I do find the Rondo2 omni comfortable. She did reduce the volume as requested for that setting. Maybe ASM1 is a factor too. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I am glad you like Rondo 2 and it or its MAP/mic setting helps in the car @Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Beth

Too bad the audi removed the omni from my Sonnet. She decided to replace it with a car program for wind noise. 

So I can't compare the omni of the Sonnet with that of the Rondo2. I do find the Rondo2 omni comfortable. She did reduce the volume as requested for that setting. Maybe ASM1 is a factor too. 

Interesting, @Jewel - did you find your Rondo2 to be louder than the Sonnet as well?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Yes I found the Rondo2 to be louder than the Sonnet. So I have been wearing it at home mostly but plan to wear it to work on Tuesday. 

• Like 2

Yep Marybeth, my fine tuner is still doing the same stuff with my Rondo 2 that it was doing with my original Rondo. But, I seem to be noticing the nuances alot more, unless my hearing is just getting better as did not use fine tuner the past month as I wasn’t hearing much change in using it. I now hear big differences in sensitivity and volume control. 

Really wow’d by the Rondo 2. The hearing really is better than my original Rondo.  Jewel, when you say your audi removed your Omni from your your sonnet, what exactly do you mean. New and not familiar with the all the Cochlear lingo yet. What is an Omni?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

There are three mic settings available for the Sonnet, namely Natural which focuses on the sounds emanating in front and to the sides of the CI wearer; Adaptive which focuses on where the sound is coming from; and Omni which is omnidirectional, meaning you hear all the sounds around you. Your audi might try different mic settings for you once you have a stable map.

So my Sonnet only has maps in Natural and Adaptive now. 

Opened up my Artone 3 Max box today. No instructions with it. Marybeth, I know you wrote somewhere on here with simple instructions on how to synk it and use it, but I can not find what you wrote. Can you re-send?  Does the Artone usually not come with directions and I’m just supposed to go on their website?

• HearPeers Heroes

Charge it first.

put your phone in BT mode.

press and hold the center button until alternating red and blue lights blink, then release 

it will show up as an option under BT on your phone.  Select it.

Put it around your neck.

Use your Fine Tuner to move into:

MT if you want to hear environmental sounds too

or

T if you want to hear streamed audio only

You can control volume via the buttons on the Artone or on your phone.

The closer the neckloop is to your processor, the louder the sound will be.  

https://blog.medel.com/review-of-the-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

@Hearing Again

this is outrageiusly easy. Charged it over night and found the instructions online minutes after I wrote to you. Already synced my cell phone and my TV. It is miraculous. At first it was a screechy static sound. I though it was broke until I turned the volume on it to a comfortable level. I’m so used to turning everything up to the max, like my old Bluetooth loop. This is incredible. And I hear in both ears now as my hearing aid in my other ear is Bluetooth also.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

Telecoil is a great universal access tech.  It must be nice to hear in both ears again.

I love my Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop so much that I now have 2 so one is always fully charged and ready.

Enjoy!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

How many listening hours did your Rondo 2 last on one battery charge?

How was it at work?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Seems like about 22 hours on the first charge. 

I have been wearing it everyday since Tuesday. I will give my review tonight.