More Rondo 2 info

Hearing Again

Yep, I got about the same on my first charge. Don’t know about charges after that because I’ve been charging every night before I go to bed and it’s never gone low. 

That sounds like a very long time since the website documents talk about “up to 16 hours”. If You can get a whole day out of one charge, that is huge. 

Mom anxiously awaiting Jewel’s review of her Rondo 2 

• HearPeers Heroes

I  definitely got a full day from a charge on the Rondo2s.

Yes Marybeth, hearing TV and Music out of two ears is miraculous. I NEVER EVER thought that would ever be the case again. And so incredibly clear in my hearing aid ear and pretty darn good in my mind CI ear considering my activation was less that three months ago. And I notice an improvement every week. Last month, I started hearing different pitches and was able to make out whispering. The month before that I started being able to differentiate between different voices. 

On another note, I am going to start another topic about other roger devises and what experience people have had with each of them. My audi and I haven’t gotten to the roger penn yet although she did sync it with my cellphone and it comes up in the Bluetooth listing on my phone. Being that it came with my original kit and no roger loop did, I figured it would just stream wirelessly to my CI. Is that the way it works?  If it does, do the other roger devices do the same thing or do I need a roger neck loop?

Yeah Mary, me too. Forgot to charge mine after leaving my Audi around 4 on a Wednesday. It went all day the next day without a charge, so that night i purposely didn’t charge it to see how much longer it would go the next day. I figured it would be dead when I woke up, but it wasn’t. It didn’t go dead until aroung one in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, JohnL said:

That sounds like a very long time since the website documents talk about “up to 16 hours”. If You can get a whole day out of one charge, that is huge. 

Mom anxiously awaiting Jewel’s review of her Rondo 2 

@JohnL

I started a new thread about that. Look under Rondo2. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

Roger Pen is a transmitter which must be picked up by a Roger receiver.  

Sonnets have integrated Roger receivers in the Roger 21 battery door.

Rondo 2 needs to use a Roger MyLink receiver which is a neckloop so Rondo 2 must be in MT or T to receive the sound.

A hearing aid needs to have a Roger receiver attached as well.  Most attach at the bottom of the hearing aid.  

Does this help?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

The promotion for PLUS RONDO 2 did not include any connectivity devices as those were included in your activation kit for Sonnet right?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I'm not @Hearing Again but my promotional PlusRondo2 kit did not.  It contained the Rondo2 processor, the charging pad, extra top covers (which is the mic cover) and two kinds of tether, the ones that clip on your collar and the ones that clip on your hair.

But I was lucky in my timing for my original implants and received the Roger pen with one and the Roger Select with the second.  And as you know I love my Artone neckloop.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody, this is @hearingagain. I’ve been off the grid for a bit will cell phone problems, but still hearing better every day. Anybody know what a Roger  Select is?  Is that what is needed to hear my Roger pen out of my rondo 2? Did I see someone on here say the Roger select cane with their free Rondo2?

• HearPeers Heroes
6 hours ago, Hearing Again said:

Hello everybody, this is @hearingagain. I’ve been off the grid for a bit will cell phone problems, but still hearing better every day. Anybody know what a Roger  Select is?  Is that what is needed to hear my Roger pen out of my rondo 2? Did I see someone on here say the Roger select cane with their free Rondo2?

Hi, good to see you back.  The Roger Select is a different device than the Roger pen.  It's a little round thing with microphones that let you put it on a table (as in a meeting) and it can detect where the sound is coming from and activate the closest microphone.  I got one with my implant kit, but not with the Rondo2 promotional kit.  The promotional Rondo2 kits are simpler (and I can't complain, I was incredibly happy just to get the Rondo2s that way!)

I think to hear the Roger pen with your Rondo2 you need a specific Roger neckloop.

Nice to hear from you Mary. Do you know if you need the Roger neckloop to use the Roger select with a Rindo 2?

• HearPeers Heroes

Rondo 2 can use the Roger Select or Roger Pen with a Roger MyLink neckloop receiver.

Roger transmitters (Roger Select/Roger Pen) only send sound to Roger receivers (Roger MyLink neckloop, Roger 21 for Sonnet, Roger X(02) for OPUS2/Sonnet).

I was activated about first part of October and got a Roger Pen along with my Sonnets.  I'm not to good when it comes to electronic devices but I will say that my wife and I have found the Roger Pens to be really great for when we make 12 hour trips to go see the grand kids.  It makes the trip nicer and probably much safer also, to not be trying to read lips so much.  Now I'm trying to figure what works better in church setting, to have it by the side of the podium, in conference mode, or to attach it to the base of the microphone stem with a twister, in lanyard setting.  I appreciate the knowledge you more experience people provide.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marv

It would probably be better in conference mode if you can set it up so it is level and will not be too close to all the papers and page turning noise.

Anothet option you may have is to place it in conference mode about 6-12 inches in front of a loudspeaker.  

If you are able to discuss this with your church, you may be able to plug it into their speaker system but they may not give you great access since it impacts line of sight between it and you.

By any chance is your church looped?  If so, you can omit the Roger Pen and just switch your processor to MT via the Fine Tuner.

Nice to see you on HearPeers.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marv

The reason I think twisting to the mic will not be ideal is that the Roger Pen needs to actually be vertical for lanyard mode and then the sound being picked up must come from directly on top of the mic.

Hi Mary Beth. My Audi thought the Roger mylink woukd only transmit to my Cochliar device. But as I looking at adds to purchase it I am seeing that it works with all Cochliar devices and hearing aids with a tekecoil. Do you know if that is true?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

Roger MyLink works like this.....

Roger proprietary streaming

from Roger transmitter (Roger Select or Roger Pen)

to Roger MyLink neckloop receiver

THEN

telecoil induction

from Roger MyLink neckloop receiver 

to any processor or hearing aid with an active telecoil (This is why we need to be on MT or T to hear the sound.)

Roger MyLink neckloop receiver works with ANY processor/hearing aid that has an active telecoil.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 1/12/2019 at 10:46 PM, Jewel said:

@Hearing Again

My audi said I just need to press the same button that is used to power the Rondo2 on and off to change the programs. There is no fine tuner in the PLUSRONDO kit. 

The FineTuner comes in the initial kit you receive at activation 

the PLUSRONDO2 kit is an upgrade to a processor only. You only receive the Rondo2, charger, and a few mike covers in alternative colors.