Surround sound with TV issue

mgfiest

• @mary beth
  • Roger pen in headset connection does not provide surround sound and I do get the same kind of sound as if listening to sound from a PC. NO 2nd voice that is mechanical.
  • Roger pen set in the middle of room(not in headset connection) does still provide 2nd voice as mechanical.

I guess I will have to let ear and brain work it out.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@mgfiest

There is a conversation happening in the FaceBook group called Cochlear Implant Users right now about echo with TV setups and ways of fixing that.  You may be interested in that conversation.  There seem to be very knowledge people .....  all about ways of fixing the sound issue with TVs.  Just made me think of your echo problem with surround sound.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have a similar problem when I se tV programs, documentary or similar.

Here in Spain (I don't know if this happen in other countries), the programs that are in other languages (english for example), have two language voices at same time. Here the spanish speakers have more volume that english voice), but really suppose a  nightmare, because I lost myself trying to follow the thread of conversation. Unfortunately, as apparently "by law" you can not disable one voice (that you are not interested in), because they are in the same track.

As you see, the situation is not the same as mgfiest comment here, but the effect on CI for me is very similar.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah, @Valentin that would be exceedingly annoying.

• HearPeers Heroes

Trust me, it is.

If someone don't know translate correctly or don't to know to express the sense of the original, they must change the person that translate and don''t do in this way.  I think that nobody ear the two voice at same time to know if the translation of original voice is correct or not. The track must to be independent to be able to select that you want.

The person who does not have hearing problems, are able to interpret well the tracks and the brain is left with which you are interested, but for a person with CI the program that is translated in this way is very difficult to understand or impossible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 1/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, mgfiest said:

I have been complaining about hearing dual voices when I watch TV and the audio looks at me dumb founded.

I did so test with my TV.

When I switch my Stereo system to MONO... all is OK.

When I switch on Dolby Stereo or Dolby Movie Surround Sound, I get that second voice, which is very mechanical/robot voice.

If anyone has had this, did you get it fix and how. Cuz my audio is out for lunch on this.

thanks

What you are hearing, I believe, is a delay in the two  sets of speakers in the Dolby stereo. 

I install hearing loops systems and have experienced this issue. 

Hearing loops are mono which is why when you switch your Dolby to mono  you don’t hear the delay. In tcoil mode of MT or T setting on your FineTuner you hear in Mono. 

Imho, 

joe