Loving my Rondo2!!!

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I hope you get the tinny sound quality sorted out soon.

Returning to the movies, plays, Broadway musicals, etc is so much fun.

Will you be going on any guided tours during your Europe vacation?  Will you bring the Roger System with you or a plug in way to listen to their individual receivers without using earbuds?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I am kind of prejudiced against guided tours.  Two anecdotes:  years and years ago (like, 1979) I was in Florence, at the Accademia del'Arte.  My friend and I admired David, and then walked along the gallery to where several of Michelangelo's unfinished sculptures were.  Even unfinished, they're powerful and beautiful.  The tour guide nearby was telling his group that they didn't need to bother with the unfinished junk.  Then in 2015 I was at Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC and the docent apparently did a lot of audience participation stuff.  He singled me out, asked me a number of rapid-fire questions in sequence, none of which I could even remotely hear, and then just stood there like a teacher demanding that I answer.  I turned around and walked out and am now unreasonably prejudiced against Tryon Palace as well.  So I have two counts against guided tours:  one is that you don't know the qualifications of your guide, and the other is they are mostly, like many things in the world, designed for people who can hear.  And I don't care if you do have on cute 17th century clothes, if you're snotty to me I'm gone.

So, no.  I doubt we will.  We are renting a cottage and will have a car, and plan to visit ALL of the invasion beaches (it's the 75th anniversary of the Normandy invasion), Arromanches, Bayeux, some other notable WWII sites, Giverny, and some castles.  We also like just walking around in small old towns, and discovering the local cuisine.  We will be in Caen for at least a day and will go to William the Conqueror's castle, which includes an art museum.  But I have never got into the habit of using the earphones things at museums either, though Ron does.  It would be nice if the museums were looped.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow @Mary Featherston

Sounds like that trip will be most exciting. I don't enjoy guided tours either. I prefer self guided tours. I like to do things at my own pace. 

• Like 1

Hi @Jewel

I'm curious what your audi did to make your 'car' map. Would you mind sharing your audi contact info so I can have my audi can get in touch and share notes? I'll be going in on Feb 12 for an adjustment and maybe I could get a map for in the car.

When I had the Ear Gear for my HAs, I didn't think they did a whole lot for wind noise but the probably kept them dryer. Looking forward to milder weather to get outside and try some things.

Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

@DaveD

Which state are you? I would have to contact my audi first and see if she's OK exchanging notes with another audi. 

I can email her since I don't see her until Valentine's Day.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DaveD

You're welcome. I will let you know what she says. Note that my car map isn't perfect but it helps a whole lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Rondo 2 default MAPLAW is 500, the same as our other processors.