Mary Beth

Updates from Rondo 2 users

I’ve been wearing rondo and rondo2 for more than a week now and am very happy!

tomorrow I am scheduled to receive my Roger MyLink from  connevans via ups so I’ll be able to use my Roger Pen.

i love the freedom of ear space and the extended battery life.

i keep my Sonnets close by as a backup 

@Jdashiell

Looking forward to reading your review of the Roger MyLink with your Rondo & Rondo 2.

Has your Rondo 2 battery ever not lasted a full listening day for you on one charge?

Nope

it lasts all day following an overnight charge 

ilove it for that reason 

2/12/2019

I have received and wear the Rondo2 since December 2018, I absolutely love the the all day rechargeable battery, and the freedom of the ear space for eyeglasses. I wear it in conjunction with my Rondo(1) on my Right ear, and only need to change batteries on that one every three days. I also use the clothes clip connected to my shirt collar for safety. 

I use the Roger Pen and have the Roger MyLink receiver to hear on my iPhone or or at restaurants so I can hear and understand the other people at my table. 

I also have and wear Sonnets with Roger X and Roger 21 receivers, but for now I am really enjoying the Rondo2/Rondo combination.

The hearing quality is excellent, I am able to locate sounds sound as elevator door dings, and while shopping hear the store clerks to respond actively, if you know what I mean... grin.

I still need to work on hearing on the landline telephone,  speakerphone or not.

But overall I am living well with the Rondo combination, listening to music, playing guitar and bass, listening to audio books and reading, hearing the TV news and Netflix shows, working my hearing loop installation job. 

I have enjoyed the use of the Roger Pen with the receivers (Roger X and Roger 21) on my Sonnets. I also have the Roger Select which is amazing in a conference or restaurant situations.

Now with the Roger MyLink and the Rondo2/Rondo combination, I set the MT setting on my FineTuner and am ready for incoming calls or place outgoing calls and am prepared for this difficult hearing situations to hear and understand using the Roger Pen/MyLink combination to hear with more clarity. 

Life is good.

I am so happy to read your report @Jdashiell!

@Jdashiell

Have you tried using Roger Select with your Roger MyLink yet?

E80DB8DC-C23F-44DA-ACEF-C2F649799243.png

I have yet to try the Roger Select/MyLink connection yet, however I do not foresee any problems other than initial connections.

That is to say I have had difficulty switching from Roger Pen to Roger Select with my Sonnet Receivers, Roger X and Roger 21.

I chalk that up to learning curve.

Actually I realized I had the Select with me and connected it with ease, less than one minute.

Seems to work great, as expected.

@Jdashiell Are you finding that you have better access to sounds from further away with the Rondo 2 compared to the Sonnet?

That’s a tough one. 

Im noticing I can hear  sounds from far away with Rondo2 but comparing between Rondo2 and Sonnet is tough. I will need to try Sonnets again in same surroundings. 

For now I’m enjoying Rondo2/Rondo with MyLink. 

Thanks @Jdashiell.  Keep on enjoying your  Rondo 2/Rondo 1 combo!

I describe the differences of how things sound with my various processors like shoes.  Several pairs are comfortable even though they don’t feel exactly the same.  I move between processors easily and use whichever one I prefer.

Oh believe me I understand the compassion of shoes. I have 3 pairs 

you might have a closet just for your shoes, right?

16 hours ago, Jdashiell said:

Oh believe me I understand the compassion of shoes. I have 3 pairs 

you might have a closet just for your shoes, right?

ONE shoe closet?