ADHEAR experiences

Mary Beth

Hello @alfie, thank you for your question.

For product availability and pricing in the UK, we suggest to get in touch with our local MED-EL team, as they have all latest updates. These are their contact details: 

MED-EL UK Ltd
3 Park Square, Thorncliffe Park | Sheffield
Phone +44 330 1235601 | Email
customerservice@medel.co.uk;

Best Regards, Giulia

• 1 month later...

My beautiful daughter Amira was born perfectly 8 weeks early and when I say perfect she was and is perfect in every way. Waardenburg syndrome runs in my family. My mother has blue eyes with brown dots, brother has one brown eye and one blue eye, sister became 80% deaf in both ears mainly on left side she also had light blue eyes like the sky, My left eye is half blue and half brown straight horizontal split while my other eye is brown, my niece is exactly like me. So when the doctors said Amira was deaf on the left side it never made her less perfect if anything with her blue and brown eyes and deafness on the left side it just made her more special. Shes just about to be 12. Shes loves to play sports and act in talent shows but you can see her (super power) where the worlds volume turns off. 2 Years ago she said she was ready she wanted the implant. She always knew about the possibilities but when you are a child like mine with her will she always would go on her own time. So i've looked at the best doctors, Ive met with some of the most innovative surgeons and cochlear was the main suggestion but insurance rarely covers cochlear for single sided deafness. An we just got out first rejection but we are hoping a one on one conversation with the provide and the doctor may help get us an approval. Here's the thing ADHEAR came up on my news feed (a sticker, no surgery for single sided deafness) I mean she has all the anatomy. Could this be the solution could this give her the localization and hearing she wants so badly to no longer say "hu?" Is this really just one piece of equipment that doesnt require a hearing aid in her hearing ear on the right side? The last question im looking for answers to.  How do you now move mountains to give this to her is all I ask myself. How much cause thought the cost is likely steep ill find it ill raise it ill make it happen. I just need to know will her one requirement of not plugging up the hearing ear be met. If you have any info you can share that would be great.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Misty

Great tribute to your daughter!

Are you in the US?  If so, you can connect to a Med-El consumer engagement manager who can help you.

• HearPeers Heroes

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, segoro72 said:

Hi everyone, My name is Emilie, I am living in France. My daughter Anouk is born deaf on her right side because she has no ear canal. We have very good professonal in France and 2  devices are possible : Adhear or Baha. I am looking for feedback about these two devices in order to make the better choice for her. I read that Adhear might be more confortable (no headband) but that the adhesive might not be good for very sensitive skin. Some of you may have try both device and give me the pros/cons of each ? Many thanks in advance ! 

Hi everyone, My name is Emilie, I am living in France. My daughter Anouk is born deaf on her right side because she has no ear canal. We have very good professonal in France and 2  devices are possible : Adhear or Baha. I am looking for feedback about these two devices in order to make the better choice for her. I read that Adhear might be more confortable (no headband) but that the adhesive might not be good for very sensitive skin. Some of you may have try both device and give me the pros/cons of each ? Many thanks in advance ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there. I have my appointment with an audiologist to discuss whether the Adhear, Bonebridge, or Osia would be best for me. I have a few questions about people's experiences with Adhear:

1) Are you happy with the results and day-to-day usage?

2) How much did it cost? (I'm in the US)

3) Is Adhear more of a temporary solution, or can it be something that works longterm?

Would love to hear any insight. Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Cmoedjio

I have a friend who has Adhear and it is her permanent solution. @Nicole

I also have heard of people who use Adhear temporarily and then have surgery for BoneBridge.

So it seems to vary from person to person.