Using telecoil with one Rondo 2 and one Rondo 1

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Several members of HPs in the US have received a Rondo 2 under the US promotion last year for their second CI surgery and already had a Rondo 1 for their first side.  So now these people are using one Rondo 2 and one Rondo 1 simultaneously.

Med-El explained to us on their FB pages that the telecoil strength sensitivity in the Sonnet and Rondo 2 were purposely lowered 12 dB compared to that of the OPUS 2 and Rondo 1 processors so that the telecoil strength sensitivity better matched that of hearing aids for bimodal users.

What recommendations do you have for users who are presently using one Rondo 1 (with stronger telecoil) and one Rondo 2 (with decreased telecoil) so that when they use telecoil (Roger MyLink neckloop receiver, Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop or theater loop systems) the telecoil volume is balanced in the Rondo 1 and Rondo 2 sides?

Thanks for your help as always.

Hi @Mary Beth, I have asked our expert on all things Telecoil, though he is off this week so I might not be able to get an answer for a few days. 

I will let you know once I hear back. 

Kind regards, 

Mary