POLL: Top of your Med-El Wish List

Mary Beth

What is at the top of your Med-El wish list?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. I am most looking forward to.....

• Longer rechargeable battery life
    • Wireless rechargeable option for all processors
    • Straight from phone to processor streaming
    • Dual mics on one piece processors
    • Other: please tell us under comments

16 hours ago, jamesm said:

Desperate for an iPhone app to replace the Siemens MiniTek remote for my Samba. I gather there's an android app, and don't understand why one hasn't been released for apple customers. @MED-EL Moderator - do you have any idea if one is in the works? 

Hi @jamesm

thanks for your feedback! At the moment there is unfortunately no app that replaces the miniTek for the SAMBA audio processor, neither for Android nor for iOS.

Are there any issues with the miniTek that we can assist you with? 

Kind regards, 

Verena 

Looks like they've got a job posting for a mobile app developer: https://jobs.medel.com/int/jobs-overview/?iddetail=1352&

It's a bit fuzzy on if this is a user facing phone app, but I've got high hopes. Unfortunately, it can be a while before we see an app since there may be extensive testing and approvals as it relates to medical devices.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @jamesm

thanks for your feedback! At the moment there is unfortunately no app that replaces the miniTek for the SAMBA audio processor, neither for Android nor for iOS.

Are there any issues with the miniTek that we can assist you with? 

Kind regards, 

Verena 

Hi Verena - Apologies - my audiologist has misinformed me! He even discussed whether I should switch to Android! Are there any plans for an app to replace the miniTek in the future?
Jamie 

Hi @jamesm, It can be a bit confusing! I am not allowed to talk about future product plans etc online, but I will say that we are always striving to improve our products for our users. Kind regards, Mary 

• 2 months later...

Any chance Med El work on solution for users who play water sport?  Waterwear doesn't stop the processor from falling off. Something hermetically sealed that can be attached to the bathing suit or on your arm.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

Rondos in waterwear do not fall off of me in the water.  If I’m going to be very active in the water, I use

waterwear

eargear covers with tether clipped to my suit

nammucap 

• 2 months later...

I have two boys, aged 9 and 7, who have just been implanted and we are struggling for a waterproof cover for both swimming and football (soccer). They have sonnet hybrids so need to keep their moulds in.

Swimming- We tried waterwear yesterday but you have to remove mould for this and neither could put up with squealing.

football - perhaps just a waterproof hood for when it rains that they can tuck in a sock or something (but one that won’t block their vision or create more perspiration)

any thoughts v welcome

• HearPeers Heroes

@MTW

Welcome to HearPeers!

https://www.medel.com/support/audio-processors/sonnet/du_sonnet_accessories_waterwear

I believe when using waterwear with Sonnet EAS, the earhook may also need to be replaced with the closed earhook used by Sonnet CI.  This will stop the feedback (squeal). Someone mentioned that their audiologist created a CI only program (in omni mic setting) for them in one of the program slots on their Sonnet EAS to use with waterwear.  

0B153053-DFC4-4AD5-BEFE-7C68C8AC7203.png

• HearPeers Heroes

I am not aware of anything we can use in rain during sports except waterwear covers.  For Sonnet EAS users, that means changing the earhook to Sonnet CI closed earhook, moving to a program that is CI only for all frequencies and in omni mic setting, and putting on the waterwear cover.

There are several options that help with sweat but I don’t know of any options that help with prolonged exposure to rain other than the waterwear.

But Med-El recently posted about a rugby player.  Maybe he uses something in rain.

• HearPeers Heroes