Sonnet 2

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

I am so happy to hear that your son is doing great with his OPUS2.  I also use the XS battery pack size and love how small it is.  Keep us posted on upgrading.  Fingers crossed the timing of Sonnet 2 works out!

• 2 months later...

I like to address this question to the sonnet CI users.  In order to secure Rondo 2 on head Med el has provided a flxible thin cord with a clamp which can be attached to any place in clothes but for Sonnet there is nothing.  Has anyone looked into any way to secure the sonnet processor? I tried to tie a thin flexible cord to the sonnet ear hook and attach to my dress. But there is no suitable place to attach on the ear hook.  Any feed back  will be appreciated. Thanks

@Vinod sorry to hear about your problem when you put you Rondo on try parting your hair and slide the Rondo on instead on just placing it on your head

I use the hair clip the fish line with the collar clip maybe interfering with your hair and pulling it off.

If all of this fail I would see the Audi you may need a stronger magnet

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vinod

My Sonnets do not need to be secured because they stay in place fine on my ear.  Med-El has other wearing options like active wear which clips to clothing.

SmartEar offers a mic lock tubing option...

https://www.smartear.pl/product-eng-352-SmartEar-silicon-holder-MIC-LOCK-type.html

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vinod

Hi there. I use wigtape. I buy it from Amazon. Here's a pic of the brand I use. 

20190501_191241-2268x3024.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

We are going to have a flight mode for flying.  Cool!  

• Like 1

I have been checking and the look of the Sonnet 2 is exactly the same as the sonnet 1. Dimensions and Weight don't differ at all. It seems to me that main difference is the Bluetooth capability, don’t you think? Even the IP (enclosure rating) is the same: IP54.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sonnet 2 will use ASM 3 instead of ASM 2.  We posted the info on here we saw so far about ASM 3.  If you do a HP search, it should show up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hope the new sonnick has an on/off switch like what was on the Opus2 I really miss that on my sonnet 1. 🙁 I've had the battery door fall off a couple of times because of trying to switch off but still wearing the ci.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

There is a monitoring setting which seems to also be a mute function.  So possibly that would mute the Sonnets.  You can read about it in the above link or in the Fine Tuner Echo link.

I know friends who have their audiologists program a mute program in a slot on their Sonnet 1 processors and they can access it via the Fine Tuner.  A clever way around the missing on/off switch.

• HearPeers Heroes
9 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

friends who have their audiologists program a mute program in a slot on their Sonnet 1 processors and they can access it via the Fine Tuner.

Now that's a good idea, thanks for mentioning that, or, in the meantime... why didn't I just think about switching on T, the loop? An on/off physical switch would still be better though as it is not all the time that I carry the remote control around with me.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

Popping off the coil works too but it dangles like an interesting ear ring 

@Mr-LJ I miss the on/off button as well but I use a a mute program in slot 4. I have that slot turned all the way down. I didn’t use to carry the remote with me all the time but now I have gotten use to it, I am a person who doesn’t like a lot of stuff in my pockets but the fine tuner remote is slim enough that I don’t mind it. 

Good luck.