Feb/March/April 2019 CI surgery and/or activation

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie - looks great!  I'm glad you're feeling well.  Rest for a couple of days and you'll be in great shape.

@Andy - if you have just started with your CIs, yes, I think fatigue could affect what you hear.  I've found that the way my CIs sound is different when I don't sleep well.  I'm going to be jetlagged for the first time since implantation in a few weeks - I'm betting that will affect how it sounds too.  Just keep on working on it and it will get better.

• HearPeers Heroes

Day 6 post surgery now - feeling better overall, no need for painkillers anymore. Feel a bit achey all over that side of my head, and I can't turn my neck too fast or it pulls on the surgical site and is tender. My ear is numb on the top and feels full of liquid on the inside (probably is).  And I'm still quite tired, body is spending lots of energy on healing! But really I'm pretty pleased with my progress and I am happy and ok. It hasn't been awful. Went back to work today, just a quiet day in the office - though tiring it was fine.  Went to family dinner too, was ok. In another 6 days the staples come out then back to surgeon for check up a few days later. Then activation the following week. Onwards and upwards!!! 

Nice to hear that everything goes well Kylie!
I'm implanted yesterday. I was very afraid that I would be very dizzy, but luckily this was not the case. Actually, I dont't have much trouble with the recovery. The only strange thing is that I no longer have taste on 1 side of my tongue. But this will come back.
I have to stay in the hospital until tomorrow. Keep the bandage on for a week and then the countdown to May 2!

Greetings

Foto op 17-04-19 om 17.10.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie and @soojjan

Terrific that your recoveries are going so well.  Soon the exciting times come with your activations!

• HearPeers Heroes
9 hours ago, soojjan said:

Nice to hear that everything goes well Kylie!
I'm implanted yesterday. I was very afraid that I would be very dizzy, but luckily this was not the case. Actually, I dont't have much trouble with the recovery. The only strange thing is that I no longer have taste on 1 side of my tongue. But this will come back.
I have to stay in the hospital until tomorrow. Keep the bandage on for a week and then the countdown to May 2!

Greetings

Foto op 17-04-19 om 17.10.jpg

Glad you feel ok. I haven't been especially dizzy either, which is great. Do you have stitches under that bandage? I don't have to wear one at all because I have staples, which I was surprised (and pleased) about. Apparently the wound is completely sealed with staples so no dressing is required. I even got to wash my hair which made me feel much more normal!

• HearPeers Heroes

The first hair wash is wonderful!  I was able to do that soon too.

5 hours ago, Kylie said:

Glad you feel ok. I haven't been especially dizzy either, which is great. Do you have stitches under that bandage? I don't have to wear one at all because I have staples, which I was surprised (and pleased) about. Apparently the wound is completely sealed with staples so no dressing is required. I even got to wash my hair which made me feel much more normal!

stitches. I am not allowed to wash my hair for at least 2 weeks. Today I may go home. Let's see how the daughter of 2 is going to respond to my bandage. On Facetime yesterday: daddy pain ... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow, @soojjan - that's the tidiest CI bandage I've seen.  I'm glad it went well!  As you say, now it's time to heal and count down to activation!

• HearPeers Heroes

Day 12 update: feeling normal except slight tugging sensation at the scar when I turn my neck all the way round, but rapidly improving. All my other symptoms have gone, especially when the staples came out 2 days ago (freeing up remaining skin tension). Photo is yesterday, day after staples removed.  Activation now 6 days away...

scar small - Edited.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

I am excited for your activation!  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie it looks like you're healing nicely!  Activation is such a cool thing.  Have fun!

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck for your activation tomorrow @soojjan

Had mine today - went pretty well I think. What I can hear is buzzy and weird but not too annoying. It was about what I expected. All the little boxes in the pack are quite fun to look through.  I even got an Artone neckloop in there too. Looking forward to more programs next week!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I decorated it as soon as I got home, of course.

flowers2.jpg

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Looks awesome @Kylie!

Enjoy the start of your journey!

• HearPeers Heroes

@soojjan

Good luck at activation tomorrow!

Waw,

2 hours ago, Kylie said:

I decorated it as soon as I got home, of course.

flowers2.jpg

Wow,
daring! Good that you are so positive about it! I hope tomorrow is not so bad ... We will see. I can't go back ...: D

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie looks great!  I love the skinits too.

@soojjan how did yours go?