Rondo 2 battery life

Mary Beth

Rondo 2 battery life  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours do your Rondo 2 batteries last?

• Under 16 hours
    • 16-17 hours
    • 17-18 hours
    • 18-19 hours
    • 19-20 hours
    • 20-21 hours
    • 21-22 hours
    • Over 22 hours

• HearPeers Heroes

How many hours are your Rondo 2 batteries lasting?

• HearPeers Heroes

Any Rondo 2 users interested in sharing their battery life with us in this poll?  Scroll up to enter your selection.

• HearPeers Heroes

No idea, I haven't been able to wear it long enough for the battery to die!  On weekends I use them all the time, but I put them on in the morning, use them all day and put them on the charger at night.  🙂

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

That’s good to know!  I am concerned about the battery life because I never come close to the reported UP TO # HOURS and Rondo 2 says up to only 18.

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

That’s good to know!  I am concerned about the battery life because I never come close to the reported UP TO # HOURS and Rondo 2 says up to only 18.

@Mary Beth the first time I wore them to work I stuck the Sonnets in my backpack too.  But the Rondo2s lasted through the work day and all the way till I went to bed.

• HearPeers Heroes

I wore my Rondo2 all day yesterday (13.5 hours) and wore the Sonnet today. I'm gonna wear the Rondo2 at home everyday until the battery dies and see if it is still doing 22+ hours for me. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Well my Rondo2 battery died tonight. Quite surprising as I usually would get several nights of use before it died. 

Anyway it lasted for 18 hours from Monday morning to tonight. I am gonna log the life again. 

• HearPeers Heroes

One thing I've never asked is whether not using the battery till it's depleted before recharging affect its life over time.

That is, is there a reason not to use the Rondo2s all day and automatically just put them on the charger at night?

Anyone know?

• HearPeers Heroes

Med-El seems to recommend charging the Rondo 2 every night, regardless of whether the battery is depleted.  In their videos, etc they show the Rondo 2 in use all day and battery working fine.  Then turned off at bedtime and placed on the charger.

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Med-El seems to recommend charging the Rondo 2 every night, regardless of whether the battery is depleted.  In their videos, etc they show the Rondo 2 in use all day and battery working fine.  Then turned off at bedtime and placed on the charger.

That's certainly been my experience.  I leave them on the chargers during the week, actually, and only take them off to use them.  But tomorrow I'll probably use my Sonnets, I'm going to lunch and the museum with a friend and those are both places with background noise.  (Mmmmm, Emily's Lebanese Deli!)

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok, my Rondo2 battery just lasted 18 hrs 16 minutes. I do believe it was lasting longer previously. Maybe since I started to wear it all day most days and charged it up that affected the battery life? Previously I wouldn't charge it until the battery fully discharged. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Is it possible that the battery life of Rondo 2 is different when it is timed for continuous use as opposed to turning it off for awhile and back on again while using the same charge?

• HearPeers Heroes

The battery life of the Rondo 2 and the inability to quickly switch to full battery power again is the one, but very significant one, issue that makes me wonder if the Rondo 2 will work in my life.

Every piece of tech that I have had using rechargeable batteries, the batteries start lasting less and less time.   It sure would be nice if the Rondo 2 batteries lasted at least 25 hours at the start so as the battery life decreases over our years of use it would still last a listening day.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

That's a possibility. I know that when I only wore the Rondo 2 at home on weekdays and fully on weekends it lasted longer. 

But who stays up for 18 hours straight in one day? Not me. So I can't test what the life is when it's continuous use until the battery is fully discharged. 

As long as the Rondo2 keeps this long battery life for 5 years I will be happy. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I would be happy too.  I hope it does keep lasting your listening day.  Are you preferring your Sonnet or Rondo 2 or finding yourself switching back and forth?

@Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I'm switching back and forth. If I have no meetings at work I just stick with the Rondo2 all the time. But once I have a meeting scheduled I usually use the Roger Pen. On Friday I had a meeting with three other people. The acoustics in that room were good so I managed with the Sonnet only. If I have to use Roger Pen I use the disposable batteries since the rechargeables last about 5 hours with the Roger Pen and I don't know how long the meetings will laat. So right now I have disposables I started to use at 11 am on Thursday, which I expect to be fully discharged today, following which I will go back to my Rondo2, but then I have meetings at work Monday and Tuesday so I will be wearing my Sonnet. My brain is adjusting quickly to the switches now. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am glad you can easily switch between Rondo 2 and Sonnet!  That opens up so much flexibility for you.  Super!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Yes. I tried the omni on my Sonnet today since I had passengers and it sounded so different from the omni on the Rondo2, which my audi said she copied into my Sonnet. The sound was not as loud and I couldn't make out what people in the back were saying unless I was driving slowly or was concentrating on what they were saying. Isn't that strange? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Everyone has been saying omni in ASM 1 and omni in ASM 2 sound so different.  It must be related to the sensitivity of the microphones and a difference between ASM 1 and 2.  I can not use my ASM 1 MAPs on my ASM 2 Sonnet.  Before Sonnet was in ASM 1 and I used the same MAPs on all processors.  When Sonnet had ASM 2 turned on, everything changed for me.  Now my ASM 1 processors (OPUS 2 and RONDO 1) and my ASM 2 processor (Sonnet) have separate MAPs.

There were many many happy Sonnet users in ASM 1 and omni mic setting who eagerly awaited ASM 2 being FDA approved and released in the US.  So many of those users can no longer use omni.  It is so different than before.  Some of those users have had an omni program designed which differs from their natural and adaptive programs.

Something significant happened to omni in Sonnets with the change from ASM 1 to ASM 2- although it may be related to changes in the Sonnet mic sensitivity which happened simultaneously.

In the end, you will probably be able to create a Sonnet MAP in omni that works well for you.  It just may take a few trials to get it right.  (Which is no easy task when you have to fly to MAPping appts from Jamaica!)

I am glad you have your RONDO 2 to use in the car!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Have you been changing your Sonnet mic cover on a schedule?  Med-El recommends every 3 months but I notice sound quality changes before that so I change mine every 2 months.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Hopefully the audi can tweak the omni on the Sonnet in August and get it to be like the Rondo2. 

I was activated late September and changed the Sonnet mic cover on January 1. I didn't notice any real change with the sound when I changed the mic cover.

I do sometimes notice a change in sound with the Rondo2 but I haven't changed that mic cover yet. I have been using the Rondo2 since mid January. I wish Med-El had just given me one colour mic covers for the Rondo2. Instead I have grey and blue I think. So that will be noticeable under my hair. I plan to change the mic covers April 1. Programmed it into my phone 😊

• HearPeers Heroes

I wish we could choose Rondo 2 mic cover sets when we order kits too.  Or have a coupon enclosed in the kit for a few free covers of our choice.  Med-El allowed us to customize the Sonnet kits and that was way more complicated than just mic covers.

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I wish we could choose Rondo 2 mic cover sets when we order kits too.  Or have a coupon enclosed in the kit for a few free covers of our choice.  Med-El allowed us to customize the Sonnet kits and that was way more complicated than just mic covers.

I'd think they may do that for implantation kits.  All we've seen so far (to my knowledge) is promotional kits.  I can understand simplifying those.