Rondo 2 battery life

Mary Beth

Rondo 2 battery life  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours do your Rondo 2 batteries last?

• Under 16 hours
    • 16-17 hours
    • 17-18 hours
    • 18-19 hours
    • 19-20 hours
    • 20-21 hours
    • 21-22 hours
    • Over 22 hours

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andy

The new travel pouch for Rondo 2....is that to pack it away for travel or to keep it in for charging?  I don’t think I have seen a picture of it yet.

When you plugged your Rondo 2 into the mini battery pack, it kept beeping?  That is odd.

What happens when you plug the mini battery pack into your loaner Rondo 2?

I am wondering if the beeping is a Rondo 2 problem or a mini battery pack/cable problem.  

I am glad you have the holiday loaner.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 4:56 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Carolmarie

I had tinnitus in both ears for decades.  Here is what happened to my tinnitus.

Right side

prior to CI surgery was very loud 

immediately following surgery was shockingly quiet

upon activation was not noticeable while wearing the processor but very weird and loud when removed for bed 

a bit later was not noticeable while wearing the processor and much quieter at night when the processor was removed

left side 

prior to CI surgery was loud

immediately following surgery was very quiet and a different sound than before

upon activation and a bit later was not noticeable while wearing the processor and much quieter at night when the processor was removed

What had been happening to your tinnitus?

i used to have tinnitus before CI it was sometime so loud even in deep sleep i wokeup by tinnitus noise. After surgery on my left ear tinnitus was gone, i only have one CI on left ear.

Since i got Rondo 2 from last 3-4months i m beginning to have very quiet tinnitus mostly in sleep or quiet/silent room, but wenever i wear my rondo 2 it stopped. Used to wear old tempo processor since surgery n directly upgraded to Rondo 2.

17 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Salik

How do you like your Rondo 2?

really good compare to my old processor tempo, i had sonnet 1 for few months which i didnt like then back to old tempo then i had sonnet 2 for few days for testing which was really good but i like to conceal my processor plus its great to swim with rondo 2 swimwear.

sorry for going offtopic on my previous posts

My rondo 2 i guess run more than 18+ hours but i have never tested that long before i remove it for charging overnight, one time rondo 2 battery dies on me wen i was on the flights i guess it was over 20 hrs.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Salik

I am thinking that carrying a small portable USB battery pack when traveling with Rondo 2 may be helpful.

Or purchasing the Rondo 2 mini battery pack option for traveling since it also gives us a way to plug into headphone jacks easily with the red jack Direct Audio Input cable.

I think about this as we travel too and I do not like the idea of running out of power to hear.

My rondo 2 has lasted me nearly 2 full days when I drove up to Sydney I left the charger at home and turned if of when I went to sleep and woke up put it back on and lasted the rest of the following day.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yup.  Must also have the charger.  I forgot that part.

Hmmmm. Possibly a spare charger left in my glove compartment?  I will have to check to see the temperature range the charger can withstand.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:28 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Salik

I am thinking that carrying a small portable USB battery pack when traveling with Rondo 2 may be helpful.

Or purchasing the Rondo 2 mini battery pack option for traveling since it also gives us a way to plug into headphone jacks easily with the red jack Direct Audio Input cable.

I think about this as we travel too and I do not like the idea of running out of power to hear.

i have bought spare wireless charging but never been use as i was scared it might not charge the rondo 2 like the original aircharge charger, carrying small portable usb battery pack is can be useful in travelling but i took aircharger instead n charge in the plane with powerbank. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Salik

Using the Rondo 2 charger that came with the kit is always our best option.  I agree with you.

I had meant a portable battery to plug the Rondo 2 charger into if needed when we are not near a USB outlet.  

• 1 year later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So I've been wearing my Rondo2 since 6 am. It died around 11:30 p.m. I had it off for about 2 hours. So that means that now I'm getting much less than 18 hours battery life now. I've had the processor for 2 years now and have been wearing it often. Have others experienced the same thing with their battery life? Wondering if I've been doing something wrong. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan

What have you noticed with your Rondo 2 battery life? You use them always and have had them for hmmm.... 1 year, 4 months now right?

@Jewel

@Mary Beth Yes, I’ve had my Rondo 2s since September 2019 and the battery life has been great. I normally have them turned on about 17 hours a day, with 2 to up to 5+ of those hours using M/T. I have never experienced a low battery warning. The longest I have had them on without turning them off at anytime is 22+ hours, and then I charged them only because I had the chance to (this was during the fire evacuation last September). Even during this long stretch, I didn’t get a low battery warning. In truth, during that experience, it took nearly the full 22 hours before I even thought about the fact my batteries might die!

So far at least, I have no complaints about the battery life!

The battery life on my Rondo 2 is down to 10-15 hrs I am in the process of contacting my audiologists.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Let us know what you find out.

These integrated rechargeable batteries really need to provide all of us at least 16 hours of battery life (including streaming) for at least 5 years in my opinion.

E03630B7-C22C-44D1-B483-771358B787E1.png

Just an observation.... I was told by Med-El shortly after getting my Rondo 2s to be certain the processors were turned off before placing them on the charging pad. Although they would still charge if not turned off, doing so would shorten the battery life.

@Mary Beth

Yes I agree about the battery life . Yes I did pull out the Rondo2 manual for a breakfast read since there no morning newspaper to read anymore all the world of technology got to love ❤️ it.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Joan

@Jewel

@Mary Featherston

@Salik

@Michael Drury

I started a new poll for Rondo 2 battery life after its first year.  Follow the link and then scroll up for the poll.

My audiologist just sent me an email she requested MEDEL customer service to send me a replacement Rondo2 due to short battery life another reason for choosing MEDEL and I am glad ai did. 

• Like 2