Rondo 2 battery life

Mary Beth

Rondo 2 battery life  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours do your Rondo 2 batteries last?

• Under 16 hours
    • 16-17 hours
    • 17-18 hours
    • 18-19 hours
    • 19-20 hours
    • 20-21 hours
    • 21-22 hours
    • Over 22 hours

On 1/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, Jewel said:

So I've been wearing my Rondo2 since 6 am. It died around 11:30 p.m. I had it off for about 2 hours. So that means that now I'm getting much less than 18 hours battery life now. I've had the processor for 2 years now and have been wearing it often. Have others experienced the same thing with their battery life? Wondering if I've been doing something wrong. 

its happeneing with me too from last 3-4months, i wear Rondo2 at 8am and it start beeping at 1am for charging so i have start wearing Rondo 2 at 9am instead to make it lil longer. I have noticed my Rondo 2 battery lasting less than 17hrs or 16 n half hr which is not good for me.

PS i got my Rondo 2 in April 2019.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:39 AM, Joan said:

Just an observation.... I was told by Med-El shortly after getting my Rondo 2s to be certain the processors were turned off before placing them on the charging pad. Although they would still charge if not turned off, doing so would shorten the battery life.

even if u forget to turn off and place on charging pad it would turn off automatically, this i found out mistakenly few months back n also i mentioned here but i still turn off first before for charging.

i have asked my Audiologist about battery life and he had no clue about battery life reducing as mostly all his other rondo2 patients has never complained before. Also i questioned him if its due to my work in noisy area where my office is in factory near the production department and also i talked on the cell phone around 30+ calls daily but without any Bluetooth device. 

I received my Rondo2 replacement Fri so Saturday was the first full day of testing the new battery I was up for 19 hours with Rondo2 I will keep records for the week and advise.

• Like 2

Good news on Rondo2 battery It’s been a week now since I received my  new Rondo 2 I has to send back my original Rondo2 as the battery life was down to about 10 hrs after about one and half years. I have been averaging 18-19 hours with no problem one day I was able to stay up for 20 hrs and Rondo2 was still going unfortunately I can’t remember if I got this performance from the first Rondo.

There probably have been battery improvements over the years or maybe a change in vendor any how I am very happy 

GO MEDEL!!!!!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I wear the Sonnets primarily due to the two microphones and ASM2.

However when I do wear the Rondo2 (left) and Rondo [1] (right) I enjoy the all day battery life of the Rondo 2 from 8 am to 11pm. 

I am very ready for the Rondo 3 in both ears - next year

• Like 2

@JdashiellI also wear the Sonnets due to the dual mics I am bilateral I am due for upgrade on one side, and a year later the other side I am very seriously considering holding off for 2 years and due both at the same time and who knows what will be out by then.Now that I got the replacement Rondo2 and it seems that the battery life is much better then the original I am leaning much more towards Rondo3 I also went with a stronger magnet I had 3 and went with 4  much better .

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Has anyone replaced the battery? If so then do we get battery under warranty? How long does it take?

• 6 months later...

So it's been 4 years and a month, my Rondo 2 battery barely stands after 10 hours. Last few months it was 12 hours. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan

How long have you had your Rondo 2 processors and how is your battery life holding up?

@Mary Beth I’ve had my Rondo2s for 4 years and 1 month. My average day is about 16 hours and my batteries are still functioning when I turn them off at the end of my day.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Evren

See Joan’s response above.  I wish your battery life was similar.

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Do you retain Rondo 2 everynight on charging device, or you remove it when charge is complete?

@Valentin I leave my Rondo2s on the charging pad all night. They charge in about 3.5 hours but then the charge function turns off (the light on the Rondo2 goes off and the light on the pad changes to white). It’s fine to leave them on the pad until morning. 

• Like 2