Lots of new HP members

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

How about a quick recap of where we are from and how long we have been implanted so we all get to know each other a bit?

• HearPeers Heroes

I am from northern New York state. 

I was implanted in 2015, sequential implants 8 months apart.

Right Implant is a Concerto with medium electrode array.

Left Implant is a Synchrony with flex 28 electrode array.

I have a set of OPUS 2, Rondo and Sonnet processors.  My CI center (NYEE in NYC) is a two processor per surgery center and I fell into Med-El’s Sonnet voucher and Plus Rondo 1 promotions.

I am from Northeastern North Carolina 

Implanted right ear March 2019

Synchrony, Ronda 2 and Roger Select

I'm from Corvallis, Oregon.

Implanted right ear June 2017, Synchrony, Sonnet, Quattro Q-4 (wish I had taken Roger Pen).

I am from Battle Creek, MI and have been implanted since January 2016, I ware a Rondo unit. Good Luck all.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm in the outer edge of Minneapolis suburbs.  I was implanted last year, the right in April (activated in May) and the left in October (activated in November).  I have Synchrony, Sonnets, and Rondo2s, as I was lucky enough to fall into the PlusRondo promotion with both surgeries.

• HearPeers Heroes

I live in Jamaica. 

I had my surgery in the US in August 2018. Activated in September. 

I got Synchrony with Pin and two sonnets for my sole implanted ear. I also benefited from the PLUSRONDO promotion and have the Rondo2. I also got a Roger Pen in my activation kit. 

My name is  Vinod

I had one ear (left) CI surgery on March 4th, 2019 at Mayo in Jacksonville, FL

My first programming appointment/activation  was on March 26th

Audiologist gave me Rondo 2 and Sonnet processor

Can anyone tell what a Roger Pen is please? I have no idea what is in please. I was implanted in January of 2016 and just changed from WMU to UofM hoping for better service.

Thanks in advance for the answer, I do read all Hear Forums weekly but the piece has me stumped.

I wish I was in the Promo for 2 units when I was implanted but that ended in December of 2015, Now I have to pay 7,000.00 dollars for a Rondo 2 to receive that unit which I think would relieve my problem having to ware the Number 4 magnet which after 9 hours I have extreme headaches and numbness around my implant. No matter what I would not trade my ability to hearing again.

Best of luck to all people.

• HearPeers Heroes

@ept5777

Is that price ($7000) for a Rondo 2 the price if you trade in a processor or is it the price to buy the Rondo 2 and keep your processor?