Travel with CI’s

DarlaHS

• HearPeers Heroes

I travel domestically most in USA and never had issues with security. Walked through without issue except wearing a neck loop like a streamer or Artone Max 3. TSA  will ask you to remove that first. 

All my equipment and I do mean all, travels with me in overhead or underseat. Spare processors, batteries, chargers, and an 8 port power strip to power all the chargers. They can lose my clothes but not my hearing stuff. That is paramount to me. 

• Like 2

Sometime I like to  just take a chance and leave the rechargeable batteries at home along with the battery charger as I have two  charger and 8 rechargeable batteries I am bilateral and just use the disposable batteries but I just can’t bring myself to do it.Guess I need encouragement on this one

• HearPeers Heroes

Disposable batteries work great.  I use them all the time.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thinking it through, I will switch to disposable batteries for my next trip in July to avoid toting the recharging equipment. 

• HearPeers Heroes

It is soooo much easier

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I like disposable batteries too. I just don’t like them ending up in mass in land fills. Even though I put them in Recycling. Which is why I use rechargeable batteries mostly. 

@Mary Beth I do remember you and I talking about batteries and I am slowly changing my mind about the battery issue and I am slowly changing over to the disposable batteries it is more convenient and I can judge time with them just as well as the rechargeable.

i am on vacation in ☀️ Florida and 2 battery charger and power strips is a bit much .That is one nice thing about Rondo2 and the air charger be great if the new Sonnets are like that

I do have 2 extra rechargeable battery pack attach to my 2 extra Sonnets with me when I travel

Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks

• HearPeers Heroes

Everyone settles into what works best for them.  That’s why I always find it interesting to check back with people after a year or more to see which optional tech they are still using.  Only really good tech hooks us for the long haul.

Disposable batteries work best for me.  At home and when traveling.  It’s so easy to carry a pack and know I have power for several more days in my pocket.

Yes I agree. Well I guess you are winding your school chores down for a couple of months and getting ready to enjoy summer

• HearPeers Heroes

I took a charger with me and had no problems with either it or the dry box.  I have a voltage converter that has three electrical plug-ins and four USB ports and it worked great for everything.

Also had no issues at all at airports (OK, that's not true, but my issues with CDG are not CI related, heh)

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, @Mary Beth, we did have a great time!  The cottage we rented was very quiet and remote, but close enough to Bayeux for going to dinner or whatever we needed.  We did spend a lot of time driving to all the places we wanted to go to, but that's part of the deal.  Discovered some places that we weren't even aware of but were really cool - the whole town of Falaise, and William the Conqueror's castle there.  I have a picture of my battery charger running off the rental car's USB port.  🙂

@Mary Featherston 

We are heading for Paris next week and I checked with MedEl and they said I did not need a converter. all the equipment I received has adapters for Europe so I just need to bring those adapters. 

In my case I don't want to have anything to do with disposable batteries 😂

I used them for 35 years or so... not anymore, glad to use rechargeable batteries. I survived my trip to New Zealand last December using the rechargeable ones. Just pop them into the charger each night and of you go in the morning.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
11 hours ago, JohnL said:

@Mary Featherston 

We are heading for Paris next week and I checked with MedEl and they said I did not need a converter. all the equipment I received has adapters for Europe so I just need to bring those adapters. 

@JohnL  yes, it's true.  I used the converter because I also had some other devices, and my husband's CPAP, to plug in.

• HearPeers Heroes
8 hours ago, Daniel the Stranger said:

In my case I don't want to have anything to do with disposable batteries 😂

I used them for 35 years or so... not anymore, glad to use rechargeable batteries. I survived my trip to New Zealand last December using the rechargeable ones. Just pop them into the charger each night and of you go in the morning.

You and me both, @Daniel the Stranger!  I love not having to throw batteries out all the time. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, and by the way @JohnL - have you flown into Paris before?  If not, be aware that CDG is an insane airport.  The insides aren't too bad, though it's kind of a trek from one terminal to another.  But the airport roads connecting the terminals and (this was critical to us) the rental car return area was apparently designed by someone who'd had a bit too much wine at lunch.  

@Mary Featherston

i have not been to CDG before but we are not renting a car. I expect we will take a taxi to hotel and then on return we are coming off a river cruise with transportation provided by cruise line. 

This whole trip should be interesting because I was activated a month ago and am only at 26% word recognition and 50% phonemic. I’ll be depending on my wife a lot. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JohnL

If you will have WiFi access on your river cruise, there are some speech to text apps that may help you out a bit.