Artone

Vinod

• HearPeers Heroes

@carolinemack

Were you able to solve the problem your Artone was having connecting to your laptop/computer?

• HearPeers Heroes
On 7/6/2020 at 5:50 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Someone else recently had trouble connecting their Artone to their laptop but it would connect to their phone and tablet.

Does your Artone connect correctly to your phone or tablet or is it not connecting to any device right now?

I've never connected it to a tablet, but it works with my phone.  I use it with my work laptop daily too.  It was at home, on my personal laptop (which has also worked in the past, so I don't know what was different).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Try telling one of your other devices to forget the Artone under BT settings.  Then see if it will pair with your home laptop.

I have my Artone paired to multiple devices. I usually have to disconnect my Artone from my iPhone if I want to use it with my iPad. Same thing with the laptop.

It has been great for all the conference calls I've had to do.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail

Same for me.  The Artone automatically connects to the device it was last paired with when it is turned on.  So if I used the Artone with my iPad before turning it off, when I turn it back on it will connect to my iPad automatically if it is available.  If I want to use it with my phone instead, I must tell the iPad to disconnect and then tell the phone to connect.

I keep one of my Artone neckloops paired to the TVB.

The other 2 Artone neckloops I use with my phone, iPad, etc.

That is a great plan. I have two neckloops. I used to keep one at work but with COVID-19, I brought it home and use it exclusively with my work computer and conference calls. Sometimes I forget which neckloop is paired with which device and end up trying to figure out why the neckloop I'm wearing isn't giving me sound. Ooops, it's the other neckloop I wanted to wear. :) 

• HearPeers Heroes

Huh.  I wouldn't think that I'd have to unpair it from one laptop to be able to use it with the other, is that what you're thinking, @Mary Beth?  I also have it paired to my phone, but I haven't used it in a while.  I discovered the MS Teams conference calls sound incredibly clear and easy to hear when I pair directly to my laptop.  We had a discussion today with, let's see, five or six active participants and I could hear everyone and jump in and actually make sense.  It was awesome.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I think it may be automatically connecting to a known device.  It’s worth a try.

Yes the Artone really can make video meetings much easier to follow.  I am thankful Med-El introduced me to it.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

I think it may be automatically connecting to a known device.  It’s worth a try.

Yes the Artone really can make video meetings much easier to follow.  I am thankful Med-El introduced me to it.

The only other device nearby was my phone, so next time I try it I'll turn the phone off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

It's finally here, with more than a month of shipping... My Artone 3 Max is here!! 🙂🙂

My first impression... It is really small, I'm going to do some test and them, I lwill leave a review. Hera a fast picture. I put a AA battery to show the size in comparison with it

IMG_20200729_224229.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay!  I can’t wait for you to test it.

Your picture is not showing up for some reason.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 4/19/2019 at 6:06 PM, Vinod said:

I am not familiar with Artone neck loop. If someone  can help me and tell me what it can accomplish and where to buy one from.  Also specs if needed.  According to this forum it seems it can help me in telephone communication via CI in one ear and hearing aid in the other.  My hearing aid does have T and MT capability.

Vinod

@Mary Bethprovides great information on the Artone 3 Max and yes it is available in Amazon. You’ll need your fine tuner for your ci and whatever you yes to switch to T coil mode on your hearing aid. That way you are in T mode so you can use the Artone neck loop. 
youll also need to add it to your phone’s Bluetooth devices to use the Artone for cellphone calls.

joe

• HearPeers Heroes

So I have a question for my compatriots with the Artone 3 Max. I have noticed that sometimes while I'm on a call it will start double beeping (doot doot) every now and again for seemingly no reason. Today we were having furniture delivered, and I had my phone in my pocket and was going back and forth from our living room to our bedroom and I noticed that every time I went in the bedroom it would start doing the double beep. Does anyone know what this might be? The lights don't change when it starts doing this. I am not receiving texts or e-mails. It's not from battery charge as that's a different sound plus it just came off the charger. The bedroom IS the furthest place from signal source in my house (signal isn't great here so I use Wi-Fi calling and our router is in our lower level and while signal in the bedroom is lower it's still 100+ MBps throughput).

I haven't yet asked Artone themselves about this.

Oh, also, I got their TVB gadget this week to see if I could get audio out of my desktop and I can report that it works great. I don't know why the Amazon reviews are so terrible; it worked first try every try. I tried to post a positive review but they said it couldn't be posted for breaking community guidelines. Laughable given all the fake reviews on their service (I even posted a picture of it on my computer to show it was a legit review plus they had me as a verified purchaser since that's where I bought it).

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

That is interesting about the double beeps only in your bedroom.  Is it possible that those beeps are the same as low signal beeps?  Test it out by having it connected to your phone and playing audio.   Set your phone down and walk away.  When you get too far away it beeps to let you know of loss of signal.  (This happens to me if my phone is in the living room and I go outside to use the bbq grill.). If it is the same beeps that happen in your bedroom, is it happening because you are too far away from something it is still connected to....like the TVB?

Msybe you can post your positive review of the TVB on Artone’s FB page.

Have you used the TVB for video meetings?  How is it working for you?

By the way, you have probably already played with this, we can expand our mixing options a bit when bilateral or bimodal with the Artone.....

T on both sides is 100/0

T on one side and MT on one side is closer to 75/25  (This can be helpful on phone calls/video meetings or when walking outside.)

MT on both sides is 50/50

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth Ew Facebook...I don't have an account.

I actually did use the TVB for a video call today. I took it from my desktop to my laptop, just using the internal battery so as not to have to pull my desk out and disconnect the USB cable. It worked just fine once the other party got his audio working.

I prefer the 100/0; this morning when I was on our standup I left my implant on MT so that I could get some outside sound as we were prepping for furniture people to arrive. Problem is when someone is talking in my left ear and then I have the MT on I have no intelligibility at all of outside sound, just awareness of it, so it's not super useful (the streamed audio well outpowers the external audio).

I didn't know there were low signal beeps so I will have to check that out. When I leave my desk I have my phone in my pocket but at my desk it's sitting in front of me usually.

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

yes it beeps two times with a pause between the beeps

Maybe one is a dropped signal beep and the other is a reconnect beep 

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

And I am also a fan of 100/0 mix option and wish Med-El included that option In all streaming devices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 3:21 PM, Mary Beth said:

@carolinemack

Were you able to solve the problem your Artone was having connecting to your laptop/computer?

thanks for asking Mary Beth... no, still not. I kinda gave up trying.

• HearPeers Heroes

So I got splashed with some fruit juice this week (was attempting to eat a fruit cup and apparently it was packaged at a different altitude/air pressure...sigh...) while wearing the Artone and some got on it. I really quickly rinsed it off and dried it but now every so often (it's every couple of minutes) it disconnects and reconnects. It didn't do this before. I'm guessing this thing has absolutely no moisture resistance?

Though oddly it seems it only does it during phone calls which suggests it's not the splash but something else has changed.

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

hmm...have you tried Forget This Device and pair it again ?

I have worn my Artone while sweating and all is fine.  So far no fruit juice splashed though.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I actually nuked the pairing and did the reset procedure from the manual twice (plug in cord for 3-5 seconds then remove). That seems to have helped as it didn't disconnect any further after doing that. Fingers crossed.

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

The reset procedure..... is the Artone turned on or off when we start that?  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth That is a fantastic and completely valid question that I asked myself as I was reading it. Unfortunately, it doesn't specify, and it doesn't also specify how one ought to know it was successful.

You'll find the reset procedure at the bottom of page 7: http://www.artonecs.com/uploads/2/5/5/1/25519880/artone_3_max_manual.pdf

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

What did you do? Have it on or off?  Since whatever you did seems to have worked, I’ll copy that!

I have 3 Artone neckloops.  2 are working great but one is losing BT connection.