POLL: Sonnet users

Mary Beth

Sonnet battery preference   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use rechargeable or disposable batteries with your Sonnets?

• Rechargeable
    • Disposable

• HearPeers Heroes

Do you use rechargeable or disposable batteries?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hicksy

I should’ve added a both option.  Unfortunately it does not let me edit the poll.

Do you use one version more often than the other?

Overall, I probably use the rechargeables 70% of the time. Much more in the winter unless I’m travelling but once the nice weather comes and I do a lot more travelling/ outdoor activities then I switch to the disposables. Once I have started a pack, I tend to use the pack up. Also I buy the disposables in bulk and don’t fully trust the shelf life so don’t want to keep them too long😀. Btw I have settled on Power Ones Implant Plus and the ones I have now are supposed to be good till June 2021 

When using the rechargeables, I have gotten into the habit of putting in a fresh one when heading out of the house, even if the one I’m using has only been in a few hours. Probably shortens the overall lifespan but then I’m not caught with a dead battery while driving or socializing. If I’m home just sitting around then I’m usually caught cursing the beeps!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hicksy

Yes, those beeps...sigh.  We really do need rechargeable batteries that can last a long full day of listening.

Since you mostly use the rechargeable batteries, enter rechargeable batteries in the above poll.

Power One Implant batteries are my battery of choice too.

• HearPeers Heroes

I use mostly rechargeables. Only use disposables when I'm travelling abroad. I stick to disposables until the pack is finished. I still have most of the packs I got in my activation kit. They expire July 2022.

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I had mostly been using the rechargeables (large ones) but since recently having been away camping I've switched over to the disposables. I'm a bit reluctant to switch back to the rechargeable batteries simple because it is hard to see which way round they slot into charger, what a stupid design!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

I used rechargeable Sonnet batteries for awhile.  The little ridges near the bottom of the batteries are set with one edge lower than the other.  I used those to help align the batteries correctly.

However, I am not a fan of changing batteries throughout my day nor of carrying around fully charged batteries just to find out they had not actually charged correctly.  So disposable batteries are a better fit for me.

I hope Med-El introduces much longer lasting rechargeable batteries with the Sonnet 2.  

• HearPeers Heroes
10 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I hope Med-El introduces much longer lasting rechargeable batteries with the Sonnet 2.  

I think this will definitely happen as mobile phone companies are constantly looking for more power in phone batteries and the new technolgy will pass to processor batteries.