Hello dear friends,

longtime for last visit to website, I missed everyone I wish all of you doing great 🌺🙏🏻

Finally, I had another surgery after 4 years back I had a CI on right side and on last month I had a CI on left side.

It’s little noisy and robotic sound from left side it will take time to hear normally because almost now 5 years when I became a profound hearing loss because of car accident!

Now, I can locate sound from which direction better than before so I advised my colleagues to become bilateral CI if they fit to this procedure.

I’m so happy to hear again from both side and I wish for everyone who have any issues in hearing to recover and hearing again. 🌺🙏🏻

Any one have same my implanted? Both side I’m using magnet strength 4, right side concerto (circle magnet) and left side synchrony (triangle magnet) I guess circle magnet more stronger, not easy to fall down and stuck nicely than triangle magnet! 

Best regards,

Hameed

• HearPeers Heroes

Nice to see you here again Hameed and congratulations on your second CI!  @iHM24

Two CIs are so much better than 1 CI.  I wish everyone who wanted 2 CIs could get the second one.  When they test us in a sound booth, they do not see the real life huge benefits of having 2 CIs versus 1 CI.  But we do not live in sound booths!  

Enjoy all the new benefits with your second CI.  It is amazing.

I have one internal Concerto (right side) and one internal Synchrony (left side) so I also have to pay attention to magnets marked by circles for the Concerto side and magnets marked by triangles for the Synchrony side.

I know exactly what you mean about the way these different magnet types adhere on our heads.

The Concerto magnets attract and center themselves over the internal magnets automatically.  

The Synchrony magnets attract but don’t always center themselves over the internal magnets correctly.  This can be helped by increasing the magnet strength if our audiologists think that is wise.  It can also be helped by a 360 degree rotation with the coil attached.  Ask your audiologist about that.  (The Rondo 2 manual describes this maneuver differently so I’m not sure if Med-El changed their recommendation about that.)

But there is also the possibility that your Synchrony magnet will adhere better after all internal swelling is resolved.

We have 9 options for Synchrony magnet strength with the DL-coil.  Our audiologists help us determine which is best.

strength 1 locked in - position

strength 1 locked in + position

strength 2 locked in - position

strength 2 locked in + position

strength 3 locked in - position

strength 3 locked in + position

strength 4 locked in - position

strength 4 locked in + position

strength 5 locked in + position (strength 5 must be locked in the + position)

Depending on our magnet strength, we use either the low DL-coil cover or the high DL-coil cover).

I hope your bilateral journey goes great!

Hello dear @Mary Beth

thank you for your kindly welcome and comment.

still we are using D coil we don’t have DL-Coil I will speak with my audiologists to advise me and I appreciate you explanation about the difference between magnets strength 🌺❣️🙏🏻

18 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Nice to see you here again Hameed and congratulations on your second CI!  @iHM24

Two CIs are so much better than 1 CI.  I wish everyone who wanted 2 CIs could get the second one.  When they test us in a sound booth, they do not see the real life huge benefits of having 2 CIs versus 1 CI.  But we do not live in sound booths!  

Enjoy all the new benefits with your second CI.  It is amazing.

I have one internal Concerto (right side) and one internal Synchrony (left side) so I also have to pay attention to magnets marked by circles for the Concerto side and magnets marked by triangles for the Synchrony side.

I know exactly what you mean about the way these different magnet types adhere on our heads.

The Concerto magnets attract and center themselves over the internal magnets automatically.  

The Synchrony magnets attract but don’t always center themselves over the internal magnets correctly.  This can be helped by increasing the magnet strength if our audiologists think that is wise.  It can also be helped by a 360 degree rotation with the coil attached.  Ask your audiologist about that.  (The Rondo 2 manual describes this maneuver differently so I’m not sure if Med-El changed their recommendation about that.)

But there is also the possibility that your Synchrony magnet will adhere better after all internal swelling is resolved.

We have 9 options for Synchrony magnet strength with the DL-coil.  Our audiologists help us determine which is best.

strength 1 locked in - position

strength 1 locked in + position

strength 2 locked in - position

strength 2 locked in + position

strength 3 locked in - position

strength 3 locked in + position

strength 4 locked in - position

strength 4 locked in + position

strength 5 locked in + position (strength 5 must be locked in the + position)

Depending on our magnet strength, we use either the low DL-coil cover or the high DL-coil cover).

I hope your bilateral journey goes great!

Absolutely, huge difference we’re not live in sound booth in our life we need 2 CI because of it’s advantages for people who lost hearing due to illness, deafness, accident or whatever they will noticed the difference by hearing from one side so really I recommend it if possible to do both sides and I wish WHO and countries help people by applying new programs for free or at least take care and more responsibility for people who are fit for CI.

• HearPeers Heroes

@iHM24

I wonder if D-coil Synchrony magnet strengths stop at 4 triangles still or if a 5 triangle option was added?

Let’s ask @MED-EL Moderator.

I use D-coils with my OPUS2 processors and have no trouble with the Synchrony side but it uses a stronger magnet strength than my Concerto side.

Hi @Mary Beth, Thanks for your question. For the OPUS 2 D Coil the highest available magnet strength is 4 (Super Strong). Kind regards, Mary 

• HearPeers Heroes

@iHM24

Maybe your audiologist has a sample of Med-El GripWear you can try to help your new side’s D-coil stay in place better?