Mary Beth

Favorite sounds of your week!

@Valentin isn't that great?  Hearing birds was one of my favorite things with CIs.

@Mary Featherston Yes, it's great, I recognized them, but for the moment with low tone sound

@Valentin

So cool!

Hello everyone!  I’m late but my favorite sound or rather new sound for the week was when I was in the kitchen and I heard this sound coming from the refrigerator.  I didn’t know what it was so I called my husband and described the sound to him.  He said it was water filling up the ice maker. 😊 Also this week it was great being able to detect more bass notes in music playing from the car or iPod station.  And before I forget, I went to a concert on last Sunday and was surprise to hear the bass guitar playing along with the orchestra. Just wow! 😊 

Well this isn't a favourite sound but I'm in a waiting room and just heard a woman cracking her knuckles! First time I'm hearing that since getting the CI. It's a sound I can live without..   

Well I've just come back from a hiking/camping trip... I walked partly along the West Highland Way in Scotland. With tent up and me inside, sounds that I heard were interesting as I wanted to know who or what was outside.... Sheep! and I'm sure that if you listen long enough you can get to recognise the different 'Baa's' from the different animals, the lambs especially.... and yes, I did 'Baa' back to them, they answer too! Hahahahah

Another particular sound that was noticeable to me this week. I have a homebrew beer on the go, it's fermenting away nicely and bubbling away through the air lock, sometimes just one bubble then two or three... you get listening for the next, will it be two? three? One? Four?? so on.

My favourite listening thing is my old vintage valve radio.... just so nice and mellow to listen to. I have a small extension speaker added to it, also vintage, but it is a much higher frequency. The set up is positioned so that my ci hears the higher frequency small extension speaker and the conventional hearing aid hears the main radio. Sounds complex but it works for me.

Lovely sounds @Mr-LJ

@Mr-LJ I am curious about your speaker setup, do you find that the higher freq speaker gives you more detail or is that what sounds ‘right’ for the CI at this time?