Rondo2: securing replacement leash to clip

C T lex

It is a leash from a RONDO 1. They attached to a pair of small holes on the side and the loop held it secure. On RONDO 2, open the rubber port on the bottom, loop the loop around the lower part where it hinges and close it back up. I'm not taking credit for it but it is a very good solution.

• Like 2

@thomseabrook

So you just create a loop inside the processor and the lid holds it.  Great, thanks for the input. 

@thomseabrook  Thanks for the last email Thom.  That is very clever.  By looping at the hinge of rubber port there's little tension on the port cover.  Thanks a whole bunch. 

C T Lex

cc: @Mary Beth

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

And @C T lex Rondo 1 clips with attached lines are for sale in the US Med-El shop.

My audiologist tells me the store is temporarily out Rondo 2 leashes and clips together and have back ordered them.  Also, she had a tool which greatly simplified threading a leash and clip the way Mary suggested.  If anyone is interested I'll find out exactly what the tool is.  I intend to use fishing line as described by Thomas.

C T lex

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Cool @C T lex!  Let us know how the fishing line works for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like the hair clip or the collar clip. I took some lite fishing line and an ear cuff ($3 small frog) and made a very capable leash for my new Rondo 2. I like the leash being attached to my ear that moves in sync with my Rondo 2

IMG_5200.JPG.0d78503a09fa269fad2ee86e94d4c48d.JPG

• HearPeers Heroes

@JCB

very nice idea! Did you just tie a loop around the small peg under the Rondo 2 cover or did you secure it a different way?

I hooked it  around the skinny part of the rubber in the port at the bottom. So far, very effective. Being careful not to pull on the line in the rubber. (The fishing line I used is too thin to stay under the processor cover reliably).

• HearPeers Heroes

@JCB

I do not know anything about fishing line.  What kind did you use?

• HearPeers Heroes

@JCB  thank you.  I always wonder if fishing line might cut through the rubber seal if the Rondo 2 did get knocked off our heads.  Many users are designing their own security lines for Rondo 2.  So far I have read reports of using fishing line, dental floss and thread.

I like your frog ear cuff!

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm using this one for my Rondo. it's more than enough in weight and size. I'm sure I'll have line for a few years 🙂

I don't wait to the line broke itself, I change it every 6 months.

IMG_20190705_224048.jpg

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Very good idea @Valentin to change the line on a schedule.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 6/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, C T lex said:

My audiologist tells me the store is temporarily out Rondo 2 leashes and clips together and have back ordered them.  Also, she had a tool which greatly simplified threading a leash and clip the way Mary suggested.  If anyone is interested I'll find out exactly what the tool is.  I intend to use fishing line as described by Thomas.

C T lex

@C T lex

What's the name of the instrument the audi used to thread the hairclip with the leash? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my almost 5 yr old son leash kept breaking so I used some jewelry cord & made a tiny loop to fit the existing structure under the cover & Secured to a new clip & reinforced it with jewelry clamp beads. It’s much sturdier than the replacement leashes, especially for kids. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jamie

That sounds like a great idea.  Will you post a picture of it please?

• 1 year later...

Dear folks,

I gave up on the clip and leash that came with my AdHear. Given the active life I lead, the earpiece gets knocked off my head at least once a week. My fix was 6" of 30 lb test monofilament tied to the earpiece and at the other end, sewn to a 1.5" x 4" piece of colorful cloth with a small button on it (for weight) with the button at the end opposite the monofilament. The cloth has my phone number on it. I tuck the fabric under my shirt over my shoulder and down my back. When the earpiece gets detached, it hangs on the front of my shirt, easy to find and put back behind my ear.