Just got implanted on Thursday

JCB

SSD right side, Synchrony PIN. Loud tinnitus but doing fine. Activation scheduled for June 27 with Rondo 2. Very hopeful!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@JCB  glad you feel well!  Activation is the start of it all!

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations @JCB and welcome!  Activation will be exciting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Yes, best of luck, @JCB!  Let us know how it went.

Thanks for the good wishes! I can Hear again!! Activation went well and I'm pleasantly surprised with what I can understand right away!!! However, my Rondo 2 does not stay on well yet even with the strongest magnet. Wearing it with a rubber band around my heaad for now. I'm hoping the skin will compress with time. Maybe removing more hair will help. I'm even using Grip Wear. It's hard to be sure the Rondo 2 is "perfectly" placed on the implant. Using a leash as well.

If anyone can suggest where to get a cheap, effective headband for now, or has other experience to share for a newbie with Rondo 2 attachment issues, I would appreciate any ideas! My audiologist said I may have to switch to a Sonnet if I can't solve this …  I hope not...

Thank you, This is going to be wonderful!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@JCB

Med-El sells a sports band with a pocket for Rondo.  You can contact Med-El to purchase one.  Hopefully this is a temporary problem.  It takes awhile for the internal swelling to go away sometimes.

Keep is posted.  Enjoy hearing with your new CI!

• HearPeers Heroes

@JCB  Give it some time, the surgical site will often be slightly swollen for quite a while after surgery.  Mine didn't go down completely for weeks.

My Rondo2s stay on quite well - I hope you can resolve whatever problem you have!