What happens at CI activation

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Sarah is an audiology student who already has 1 CI.  She filmed the activation of her second CI and explains the entire process.  She chose Sonnet processor and Rondo 2.  Activation is with her Sonnet processor.  It has speech, sign language and captions.  Sarah did an excellent job sharing her activation experience.  Here is a link:

• HearPeers Heroes

@Angie

Check out this video above.  I think you will enjoy it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, @Mary Beth, that was excellent.  Is Sarah on HearPeers, I wonder?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I agree.  Sarah did a excellent job.

I reached out to Sarah through FB messenger but have not heard back from her yet.  Maybe you have a way to reach out to her via YouTube comments?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hm, I'm on Facebook too but she probably wouldn't see my message since we're not already friends.  I'll try YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am! This is Sarah. I wasn't a member of the discussion board until just now. I'm so glad you found my video helpful. Feel free to reach out anytime. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@sarahlovesears

Welcome to HearPeers Sarah!  (I love your username.  Smile.)

It is a terrific video and much needed.  So thank you for posting it on YouTube.

I have met several audiologists who have CIs.  It’s great to have that level of understanding life with a CI in the professionals who work with us.

You have Sonnet 1 and Rondo 2 right?  How are things going?  Which processor do you prefer?

Hi Mary Beth. For my right ear (my first implant), I have two Sonnets currently. For my left ear (my second implant), I have two Sonnets and a Rondo 2. I was able to get the Rondo 2 as a second backup because I happened to get approval for my second implant during the Rondo 2 promotion period. It’s nice to have as a second backup in case anything ever were to happen to both of my left ear Sonnets around the same time. I have a strong preference for the Sonnet and have hardly used the Rondo 2 at all. The difference in microphone placement makes the listening experience different for me, and I find that I hear better with my Sonnets. But I’ve also worked with people who have a preference for the Rondo 2, so I’m sure there’s variation in experiences. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@sarahlovesears

Lucky timing is awesome. I fell into promos just by chance in 2015 as well.

Which Sonnet mic setting is your favorite?

• 1 month later...