SONNET 2

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

Wanted to add this to @MED-EL Moderatorpost about Sonnet 2 but couldn't. The new processor is pretty exciting! Great timing for you @Mary Beth

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Sonnet 2 is not yet approved by the FDA in the US but hopefully soon.  It is an exciting processor for sure.

• HearPeers Heroes

Looks nice!  It looks like it may be just a bit smaller than Sonnet, do any of you know if that's true?

• HearPeers Heroes
3 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

Looks nice!  It looks like it may be just a bit smaller than Sonnet, do any of you know if that's true?

@MED-EL Moderator

Would you be able to share that information with us, i.e. whether it is smaller than the Sonnet? 

• HearPeers Heroes
53 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jewel

Sonnet 2 is not yet approved by the FDA in the US but hopefully soon.  It is an exciting processor for sure.

I suspect it might reach the US in 2020.

• HearPeers Heroes

There are changes for sure between Sonnet 2 and Sonnet 1 but the sizes are the same.

534820B6-ABF2-494D-8011-98FB1C99E257.jpeg

173AD20A-689D-4706-941A-111DBA45EB2A.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

So no, not at all.  Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Beth. You're always on the ball. 

I think they mentioned that  disposable batteries will last for 4 days but not sure about rechargeables. Did you read anything about that? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I read up to 10 hours so sounds the same as standard rechargeable batteries in Sonnet 1.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Boo to that! Guess we can't have everything. 

I wonder whether we will still use Roger products eg. Pen and Select with the Sonnet 2.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Yes Sonnet 2 can still use the Roger devices the same way Sonnet 1 uses them.

Check out the Med-El International website for lots of info on Sonnet 2.  It has cool features.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

But since the AudioLink also has a remote mic and BT streaming etc, and it works with Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2 processors, users may prefer the AudioLink over the Roger tech.  Time will tell.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Didn't realise Audio Link will work with Sonnet. Maybe I should hold off from buying the Select and get th Audio Link instead once the reviews are in. 

It's such a hassle having to switch the battery cover to use Roger ALDs. 

• HearPeers Heroes
18 minutes ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Beth

Didn't realise Audio Link will work with Sonnet. Maybe I should hold off from buying the Select and get th Audio Link instead once the reviews are in. 

It's such a hassle having to switch the battery cover to use Roger ALDs. 

That sounds like a plan.  I'm going to want to see how much the Audio Link costs.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have been excited about the AudioLink for years.  I wish it had a few different features but I’m glad it is coming out.

My understanding is if we want to use the AudioKey app with Sonnet 1, it will require the AudioLink.

The AudioKey app seems to communicate directly with the Sonnet 2 however.

Very exciting news indeed but I wonder why sonnet 2 needs audiolink to connect if it could be done directly through audiokey app. If I am not mistaking in terms on direct connectivity to Bluetooth devices sonnet  and sonnet 2 would work exactly the same, don’t you think? The actual game changer for me is audiokey and ASM3. 

17 hours ago, Jewel said:

@MED-EL Moderator

Would you be able to share that information with us, i.e. whether it is smaller than the Sonnet? 

Hi @Jewel, thanks for the question. The dimensions are the same as SONNET. The main improvments with SONNET 2 are internal, for example the new Automatic Sound Management 3.0 with Adaptive Intelligence for more comfortable hearing. Kind regards, Mary

• HearPeers Heroes

@VictorR

I wonder about that too.  The AudioKey app communicates directly to the Sonnet 2.  But Med-El website for Sonnet 2 says connectivity for audio streaming is through the AudioLink.