Bottom of Rondo 2 magnet color

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Is the bottom of your Rondo 2 magnet black or brown?

When did you get it?

• HearPeers Heroes

It's black. The kit comes with a #2 magnet. I don't remember if mine had to be changed to a #3. 

• HearPeers Heroes

People are talking about the black magnet paint on Rondo 2 peeling off or scratching.

• HearPeers Heroes
36 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

People are talking about the black magnet paint on Rondo 2 peeling off or scratching.

Mine does too

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

I saw a pic someone posted who has 2 Rondo 2 processors.  For some reason one magnet is black and the other appears brown.  The peeling paint is only happening on the magnet painted black.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

The paint on mine is also peeling off. I have a #3 Magnet. I got that in January. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Mine are black and are not peeling.  And I just got off the treadmill and had to wipe considerable sweat off it when I pulled it off my head.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well I mostly wear the Rondo2. It has been peeling from maybe the first or second month. 

Black .  Peeling. Got in January as stronger replacement to the one that came in kit. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Seems like many Rondo 2 users are experiencing peeling black paint on the magnet bottom.

Glad you have been luck so far @Mary Featherston

I wonder what the brown magnet bottom is all about?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth if they improved the paint they might have made it brown just to distinguish it from the earlier version.  I've noticed that some of the internal Sonnet parts are different colors on my second set than they were on the first too.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Interesting.  When you have time will you post pics of the differences between your Sonnets?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth here you go.  I think it's actually just one part, but you can see it's the thing you press to remove the rechargeable battery holder.  The sunset CI on the left is all black inside and the Stonehenge one on the right has a little white bit up where the batter holder connects to the processor.

CIs.jpg

@Mary Beththe bottom of my magnet on Rondo 2 is black.Yes the paint is peeling off.When I see Alexanna I am going so show her.l

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston  thank you for the pics.

I think they showed us these color changes and color changes on Rondo 1 too.  The repair & service team was great.  They look at problems users are having and then make changes (like the new Sonnet mic covers).  

The Sonnet 2 seems to have a more robust rechargeable battery adapter/disposable battery pack connection to the control unit.  Med-El mentions this but I have not yet seen a close up picture to see the difference.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Good idea.  Since the magnet type (triangles for internal Synchrony and circles for other internals) and strength is noted on top of that paint, that info disappears as well when the paint scratches or peels off.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is the image I saw online in a public FB group that seems to show two different color Rondo 2 magnets.  One that has the strength markings intact and one where they are peeling off.

881166FE-6090-47D1-A954-52208BDCD054.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

I wonder if you can exchange it for a brown one that doesn’t seem to have this issue?

That is a good question.I don’t know I if they come in brown but after looking at the picture it sure looks like it .Mine is black

I will be seeing the MEDEL customer engagement person Alexanna next Monday at a meet up here in Pittsburgh and I’ll ask here about the paint peeling on Mr. Rondo 2

• 2 months later...

mine is black with 4 round magnets, i guess the brown(triangle marking) one come is for specific CI as i was reading on the user manual, forgot the name of that implant.

• HearPeers Heroes

Circle versus triangle markings on magnets must match our internal implant. Synchrony types of internals use triangle marked magnets.