Level 2 on my Sonnet

Sandy123

Well I am doing very well and hearing so much including speech I thought I would try level 2 on my Sonnet , there seems to be a bit of a lisp to peoples voices, yes everything is louder.  Plates and cups are super loud as well as many other things.  How did everyone make out as they went through the different levels on your processor?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sandy123 - yep, that's the point of the first week is to get you used to sound.  I tended to just keep pushing - even now I like hearing as much as I can (well, okay, when my husband leaves the TV on and it's reruns of Andy Griffith I shut the door - that inane whistling theme song makes me homicidal).  But mostly it was, bring it on!  I got to four in no time.

This is good to know. A Harley bike just went down the street oh boy was brutal....

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sandy123

My audiologist gave me 4 programs and I was to get through them at my own pace within the first week.  I moved up quickly but then found that during the last few days before I returned I wanted even more sound and there was no louder program to move into.  Smile.

Then my audiologist set 4 new programs at the one week appt and I had to stay on each one for an entire week no matter what.  No advancing sooner.

Our audiologists vary in the pace they advance us so some audiologists move people up quickly and others move people up more slowly.

There was a time in the moving up process that unloading the dishwasher was a task not to be taken lightly.  I gently placed each plate and tried not to cringe.  But pushing through that was important as it trained my brain and now I can clatter in the kitchen just like everyone else.

Thank you again Mary Beth for your comments. The dishwasher and doing dishes is super loud and overwhelming. I was not sure that was normal  lol  Just at level 2 post 2 days from activation so I would guess by next Friday the 26th I may have advanced to level 4 for that appointment.  I was outside doing yard work tonight and I heard a cardinal for the first time in over 25 years, just wow is all I can say...    🙂

• HearPeers Heroes

Birds!  Who knew we had so many birds singing all around us?!  Smile.  Love it

During my first week after activation I went for a walk with my wife and asked her what the noises were. She said they are birds. Later that day we turned on the microwave and when it was done I asked her if there were birds in the house. She said “it’s the microwave - when you’re outside it’s birds and when your inside it’s the microwave!!”