Rondo 2 & Roger Pen

Dave in Pittsburgh

I had to attend a very important meeting. I am bilateral so I wore my Rondo 2 and my Sonnet the meeting table was 72 inches in diameter 5 people involved in the meeting 2 people very soft spoken I put Roger in the center of the table and also had the 2 soft spoken people sit together and had the pen aimed at them results were amazing I was able to hear everything no problem. I didn’t want to give Roger Pen to people to hold as I was afraid it may have gotten misplaced.

Rondo 2 is in a class of all it own and Roger is equal an a great combo.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am so happy you continue to love your Rondo 2 @Dave in Pittsburgh.

Roger Pen on a table does fine as long as the environment stays below 70 dB.  That is its trigger point to stop being omni.  The Roger Select can handle noisier places if needed.

Great to hear your success!

Exactly and I really forgot about that

• 9 months later...

Hi Dave,

That's very impressive, @Dave in Pittsburgh! I have some questions about your post. I am trying to understand the setup you describe here because I’ve been in this situation many times without any accessories and I need to figure out a solution for future meetings. I have Rondo 2 in both ears, I have the Roger Select (which I haven't used yet), and I’m trying now the Roger pen. I have these questions for you:

• Do you use Rondo 2 AND Sonnet?
  • I put Roger in the center of the table” – which Roger? Select?
  • Did you get the pen and Roger (select?) connected to your – Rondo 2 or Sonnet?
  • Any idea where I can get documentation online to configure all these devices together?

Thanks!

@daisydee yes I do wear both Rondo2 and Sonnet about 80% of the time

I have Roger Pen

Roger is paired to Sonnet can’t with Rondo 

I suggest you get in touch with you CI center or do you know your Med El customer engagement representative if not call MEDEL and they will put you in touch my  CI center was very helpful along with the MEDEL Rep

• HearPeers Heroes

@daisydee

Welcome to HearPeers!  

The Roger System works with all Med-El CI processors (Sonnet 2, Rondo 2, Sonnet , Rondo, OPUS 2).  It also works with hearing aids.

The way the Roger System works is we need to use both a Roger transmitter (Roger Select or Roger Pen) and a Roger receiver.

For Rondo 2 and Rondo we use the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver and can use either the Roger Select or the Roger Pen.

Sync the Roger Pen or Roger Select to the Roger MyLink receiver.

Then wear the Roger MyLink receiver around your neck.

Use the  remote (Fine Tuner) to put your Rondo 2 processors into either MT (mix) or T (Roger Audio only) mode.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you both. Looks like I do need to get some answers from my audiologist. I am very confused about how to use Roger - I have been using the ClearSounds Quattro since my Rondo 1 and it has been working pretty well - it just has some limitations that I was hoping to improve upon. The main thing I don't understand is also the most basic one - how to use the Roger system with my iPhone and laptop (and Rondos 2). I can't find any reference to that in the User Guide. This is very frustrating because I'm not a stranger to accessories, I've been using them for many years, and I'm also a Software Engineer by profession.

• HearPeers Heroes

@daisydee

I am happy to help you with the Roger Pen/Select and your Roger MyLink with your Rondo2 processors.

But you may find the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop a much more user friendly, flexible and small option.

Here is a link to my review on the Artone.

http://www.handsonhearing.com/user-review-on-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

I have the Roger System but I much prefer the Artone.

I also had the Quattro 4 ClearSounds BT neckloop but after I tried the Artone I gave the Quattro4 away! 

Thank you @Mary Beth. I was already looking into the Artone but thought I would give the Pen a try. It was helpful to know that I can add another microphone to use in meetings or training. I used that extra mic that comes with the Quatrro before and it worked well.