Hearoes NEW aural rehab app free

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Some cool activities in here,  from Australia.

C5C487B8-9C0A-45EE-A5CD-499CB22C0F01.jpeg

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Be patient when setting up an account.  There is quite a delay between steps and the screen doesn’t change so you tend to think the command didn’t go through but it did.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I finished testing out this app today.  There are a few glitches....for example the activity that plays two musical tones and asks if the second tone is higher pitched or lower pitched only plays ONE tone ....... one of the activities is not storing the completion data so it is not unlocking the next level even though it was mastered.

But there are some cool listening activities that are very different to other apps.  Like the date and time activity and the ordering food activity.

Some of the environmental noises are a little odd.  I know our car does not sound like that.  Smile.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

yes it is in the App Store.  I wonder why it is not showing up for you?

DEB34475-10D0-438E-8A2C-E881CD2F1C55.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Beth. I was able to access the app via the website. Strange that it wouldn't show up in the App Store otherwise. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like someone has done a lot of work.. Definitely worth going through. The ah, ss  exersize was too easy. 

But that's for me. 

Certainly worth using. 

• 1 month later...

Hi All, 

I'm the developer working with the Hearoes app and wanted to say thanks very kindly for posting this @Mary Beth along with everyone's feedback. It is much appreciated. 

Personally, I found the rehabilitation side of auditory feedback quite challenging, which is why I originally developed Hearoes and have ended up releasing it for free to help others who have faced a similar challenge with training.

As I'm always looking to improve the experience and help those with the auditory training process, if you had any feedback or any challenges you're facing with training, please don't hesitate to let me know and you're welcome to reach out here, by DM or via our website https://www.games4hearoes.com/ as I would love to hear from you and how we can help.

You're feedback is invaluable as I've been able continually update the app to address a lot of the bugs (such as the sign in process) as well as the addition to new content based on the feedback from those experiencing Hearoes.

Elliot

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This is actually the first app that I used that actually worked!

That said, I have to use it as a guest, because every time I try to make an account, it won't let me set a password. Apparently I am not the only person who has had this issue. Hopefully it clears up soon, because I would like to move on rather than start over each time.

Besides that, it is kind of funny listening to some of these sounds that I have already known, and they don't sound familiar on the app, like the coffee maker! 😅 And this is most likely because hearing is off, but a lot of things sound alike, like the fridge and dishwasher and vaccuum.

Anybody else get that?

Hi @tmscarlett10,

Thank you very kindly for your feedback. It's much appreciated and really great to learn you're finding value from the app. I'm sorry to hear and thanks for letting me know about the issue with it not letting you set a password. I believe I may have fixed the issue for you in the latest app update.

In short, we've updated both the iOS and Android versions of Hearoes both available to update now and can be updated simply by visiting Hearoes on the app store of your device. If you're using an Android device, it may have been due to Android changing the way the keyboard operates in their latest operating system, which meaning I had to adjust a few things.  I've released an update which should be available to download now (1.0.4), which hopefully address this issue. Otherwise, if you're using an iOS device, the latest verison has also been updated and is available now being version (1.0.8). If you're still having the issue with the password (or any other issues or queries), please don't hesitate to let me know below or welcome to email me at elliot@hearoes.com.au, with the device/OS you're using (whether iOS or Android).

That said, in regarding to the new update, very excited to announce the new update for both iOS and Android contains several new features (aside from bug fixes) with some including British male and female accents across the activities, and the ability to share your on-going progress by linking your account to another Hearoes account via linking code.

Also, good point made with the kitchen sounds like the coffee maker, fridge, dishwasher and vacuum and agree that a lot of them sound similar and personally I feel it's one of the more challenging activities in the app (especially around environmental sounds) due to all the frequencies sounding similar. Part of the reason I added this activity and these sounds (aside from many of the items being daily sounds for a lot of people) was not just to help just identify the pitch/frequencies of the objects, but also the practice in listening for the pattern(?) or rhythm of the objects making the sounds. For example, the vacuum may make a consistent "humming" sound, however, if compared to the dishwasher (which might sound similar), may tend to have slightly different clues like the rhythm as it "whirls" around, or the microwave which may also have a consistent "humming" but perhaps may have a clue as finishes with the "beeping" sound. 

All the best with your hearing journey, 

Elliot

• Like 2

Thank you, @Elliot, for fixing that! I was able to create an account, so now I can move forward and track my progress!

Sorry if it sounded like I was complaining about the sounds seeming similar. I did not mean it that way. My hearing is still kind of off, so everything still sounds weird. It's just hard to distinguish a dishwasher from a kettle (besides the beep) or other water-running unit. I'm sure that will improve in time.

Are you sure that there were no British male and female voices before you made the updated version? I could have sworn that when I got to the man and woman speaking, they had accents lol.

I have an android by the way.

Thanks again!

You're welcome @tmscarlett10 and great to learn that you were able to make an account successfully and thanks for your feedback and reply. Much appreciated. Hope you find the app more useful now being able to access and continue with your saved progress.

No need to apologise at all about about the sounds seeming similar and it was great to hear your thoughts and experience with the kitchen activity. Mind you, for a while at least for me, most the sounds seemed similar regardless of what it was whether musical instrument or a truck 😂, and then felt more comfortable with differentiations of high/low frequencies and was looking for the next challenge where comparing a few sounds with similar frequencies, which is where the kitchen activity eventually was shaped around. 

Good question re British accent. As you're on Android (and thanks for letting me know as sometimes Android will receive updates before iOS, for example), you may have access to Hearoes Beta program, and if so, I did do roll out of an early version of the British accent for testing with a number of Android devices before releasing it as a public update, meaning you may have had access to it before it was available on iOS and the rest of the Android users publicly. Otherwise, the previous public release before the British accent was female and male American and Australian accents.

Hope this helps, tmscarlett, and if you have any queries, thoughts or anything I may be able to help with, please don't hesitate to let me know. 🙂