First sound you heard today...a little fun

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Let’s have a little fun.  What was the first sound you heard today?

• HearPeers Heroes

Our cat’s meow greeted me as soon as I turned on my processors this morning.

• HearPeers Heroes

I live in Miami, FL and we are bracing for another major hurricane 

Now usually when I put my processors on in the morning, the first sound I hear is my wife's hairdryer - UGH so loud!!

This week I hear that and the latest news on Hurricane Dorian and all the madness and panic the news media creates.

I do believe that we do need to prepare and evacuate, but the news media seems to create panic unnecessarily.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a lot to do...

• Like 3

jdashirll Please stay safe in Florida....   To answer Mary Beth's question.   Crickets outside as I let the dogs out...  

The ‘coffee’s ready’ ding of my coffee maker.😊

Please do stay safe in Florida!!

• Like 2

My new sound was also crickets. Had to ask the spouse what I was hearing. They sure can be noisy!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

A podcast while I was getting dressed before the kids were up. Bliss!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
13 hours ago, Jdashiell said:

Okay enlighten me. CPAP?

@Jdashiell - oh, sorry, I thought that was more commonly known.  He has sleep apnea.  His sleep study showed that his sleep was interrupted by breathing cessations about once a minute, which clearly means he wasn't getting sufficient sleep and certainly no REM sleep.  And I can tell you, he was one grumpy pain in the butt for a about a year.  The CPAP (actually he just got a new machine, and they're called APAP now, but no one's heard that so I used the old terminology) is a device that helps apnea sufferers breathe at night.  APAP stands for Automatic Positive Airway Pressure.  Ron wears a mask over his nose that looks a bit like an anesthesia mask, and it connects to the machine with a tube, and the machine basically blows air into his nose so he doesn't stop breathing.  The new machine is pretty cool, it can actually tell him how many sleep incidents (non-breathing incidents) he was, and it's gone from once a minute to one or two a night.  It can also detect when his mask isn't sealed correctly, and once he got that fixed, his sleep incidents basically went away.  It's nearly as cool as CIs, for a different health problem!  He even brings it on vacation, his old CPAP has been to England and France.  🙂

@Mary Beth the sound of the door bell wearing the Rondo 2-up on the 2nd floor the Sonnets never picked it up.

It never dawn on me is Rondo2 combatant to Roger.?I use Roger for TV with the Sonnets and the Rondo .

If I turn  Roger off and listen to TV the sound is no different with Roger if Roger was on

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Rondo 2 is compatible with Roger. You need to have your Roger transmitter (Roger Select or Roger Pen) plugged into your TV (or their dock plugged into the TV and the transmitter in the dock).

You need to wear the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver and put your Rondo 2 on MT or T with the FineTuner.

If you are wearing one Sonnet and one Rondo 2, both can go on MT or T and pick up the Roger signal from the neckloop simultaneously.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Rondo 2 uses omni mic setting always.  Sonnet can use omni mic setting if our audiologists make an omni program for us.  Then it should pick up the doorbell from the second floor too.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 9/1/2019 at 4:27 PM, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

@Mary Beth the sound of the door bell wearing the Rondo 2-up on the 2nd floor the Sonnets never picked it up.

It never dawn on me is Rondo2 combatant to Roger.?I use Roger for TV with the Sonnets and the Rondo .

If I turn  Roger off and listen to TV the sound is no different with Roger if Roger was on

The Rondo V1 or V2 require  Roger MyLink to connect to Roger Pen, Select or other Roger Mics. You'll also need your Finetuner to switch to MT or T

• HearPeers Heroes
On 8/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, Jdashiell said:

I live in Miami, FL and we are bracing for another major hurricane 

Now usually when I put my processors on in the morning, the first sound I hear is my wife's hairdryer - UGH so loud!!

This week I hear that and the latest news on Hurricane Dorian and all the madness and panic the news media creates.

I do believe that we do need to prepare and evacuate, but the news media seems to create panic unnecessarily.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a lot to do...

Well we managed to escape the monster Dorian that wreaked havoc of the Bahamas and the North florida coast as is continues to move northward.

There was a lot to prepare for and later restore to normalcy.

I pray for the people in the current path and and beyond.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Always great to see you here @VeroNika!

Thank you @marybeth!! Sorry I've been quiet for a while...but how did one great Austrian once say - I'll be back ;)