Rick H

New to hear peers & Choosing brands

@Mary Beth

I use the tether with the silver hair clip with my Rondo 2.

6 hours ago, Jewel said:

Hi @Rick H

I have Sonnet 1 and Rondo2. Both are great for music! Everyone's journey is a bit different. For me I was able to enjoy music within the first 3 months of activation. Music sounds just as it did when I had normal hearing. I was able to enjoy music at a concert a few months ago! 

I hear better with Rondo2 but in noisy environments I prefer Sonnet 1. Check if your CI center is a two processor facility. You may be able to get one of each. Of course if you're going with the Sonnet, I'd recommend you wait on Sonnet 2 unless you're able to benefit from an exchange. 

I'm hardly in noisy environments so it's not a problem using the Rondo2 personally. 

Yesterday I was driving and listening to an audiobook and it was very clear. I usually connect the phone to the car radio but this time forgot! I was amazed that with my Rondo2 I could make out the audiobook clearly while driving although I was just hearing from the phone's speakerphone a few feet away! Gonna try that with my Sonnet tomorrow and see how it compares!

Wishing you the best with your journey. 

Hi Jewel

Wow that sounds great! Yes I think my center is a 2 processor center. If so I’m going to try for the Sonnet2 since they have the swap program going on now. I’m really leaning toward Med-El, I have until Thursday to make my decision but that sounds like the way to go. Glad to hear it’s working so well for you & your enjoying your Med-Els so much!

Thanks for your input it really helps with my decision!

Rick H

I hope I’m not flooding this post with double  entries! I keep hitting the submit reply & sometimes it doesn’t save my responses. Still learning to use this forum I guess! Lol

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Flexible electrode is longer than Cochlear's and go in further into cochleae. I was implanted this year, heard high frequency for first time as I was extremely weak in that area. Been a journey. Cicadas, birds either talking to or yelling at each other, buses and trucks pressured air releasing which annoy me, leaves rubbing on ground and blown by wind. About music, well, it depended on how heavy I go. AC/DC was static for me until I got mostly used to it but I heard it much more clearly than I did with hearing aid. More details like the vibrations of guitars, never heard them. All of above and plus many many more, my hearing aids weren’t able to hear them for me because my high frequency is non existence. During hearing test, max volume and still can’t hear them. Imaging hearing them for first time. 

Hope this helps with your decision. 

Thanks Ricky

it helps a lot with my decision, thank you. My hi frequency are also gone pretty much  & consonants have been a thing of the past for quite awhile! I’m also a big fan of AC/DC, (that was the last concert I attended) but I like all kinds of Rock music! Mostly 80s stuff , probably because that’s when I heard the best! Lol I’m really looking forward getting this done  soon starting this journey!

thanks for the input! 

Rick H

Hi everyone 

i just wanted to thank everyone for sharing your experiences & advice! It really helped me to make an informed decision! I had my pre-op appointment with my surgeon & audiologists yesterday.  In 2 weeks from today I’ll start my new journey & be implanted with a Med-el Synchrony with Sonnet2/Rondo2 processors! Yeah!!😀

getting nervous but I’m sure it is going to be great!

thanks again

Rick H

That is terrific @Rick H!

looking forward to hearing all about your journey!

Feel free to ask any questions at any time.

Good for you, @Rick H!  Let us know how it goes.