A focused on hearing kind of day

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Most days I put on my CI processors when I wake up, give thanks for this gift of hearing and go about my day never thinking about my hearing.  Today I focused on my hearing.  Here are my WOW moments of today.

A conversation with a coworker as we were moving opposite directions on a staircase which continued even after he turned the corner to a different hallway.

Multitasking in high school English and Social Studies classes, which enabled me to work on writing review sheets while also listening to the class lecture and student comments without ever looking up.

Enjoying an audiobook while traveling between schools.

Jamming to music in the car even with the volume turned down.

Enjoying a movie at the theater and noticing how loudly popcorn crunches when the theater is quiet.

Enjoying the sounds of nature with the windows open.

It has been over 4 years since these Med-El CIs have returned hearing to my life.  They amaze me every single day.

Thank you Med-El!

What have been your favorite sounds of your day?

• HearPeers Heroes

This morning my 10 year old son tried to sneak up on me while I was getting dressed. It's a game he plays sometimes when I think he's still asleep. He even put socks on to dampen his foot steps. But I heard him and caught him first! It was so funny!! I never used to hear him with one working ear.

The sound of toothpaste dripping on the floor.

My female cat meows in a funny way with a high pitched voice. Now her voice sounds clearer and funnier :)

I listened to the sound of rain falling along the way, amazing.

I just  listened to Axel F by Harold Faltermeyer. Since it's mostly synthesizers, the rythm is easy to follow and the tones fit to my frequency range.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I love when I can have those hallway conversations with colleagues.  Walking in opposite directions, little quiet jokey comments.   Listening to music in the car, visiting with some people that I used to work with.  Just being able to live a normal life again.

I listened to Perry Como yesterday, my best sounding voice yet. Most singers still lousy. Male tenors the worst. My own voice is sounding better. My regular challenge Susan Boyle is getting better. 

The best sound is the birds in the garden, makes up for everything. 

Peter