Experience with Sonnet 2 compared to Sonnet

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Michael Drury

Let’s use this new topic so people can find this info.

What do you like about Sonnet 2 compared to your Sonnet?

Curious minds want to know!  Smile.

Dont get me wrong the sonnet is great tye sound quality is great.

But the sonnet 2 is the new game changer to listening and everyday living. Like its bloody amazing I tell ya.

The new app that you can put on your phone makes life so much easier with just a click of a few buttons you have access to so much stuff eg. Changing programs, volume, sensitivity you can restart to factory settings from the first day of activation.

The Audiokey is the icing on the cake this device is incredible small light wait essy to use and also with just a button touch away to shut of all background noise and it is awesome.

Sometimes when you or we are out in the world traveling,camping or just walking anywhere it's just so great to have something so small in your pocket also with your phone as well.

Plus even in the car driving some of the noises we all hear sometimes is all to much to take in while driving and trying t ol concentrate with tye road rules safe driving. With the Audiokey just press the one of tye buttons and booom all background noise are gone and all you can concentrate is on your safe driving and the people in the car with you. Plus music now that's another thing that has become such a success from the team at MED-EL.

Now I can finally start to understand and listen to music in my car or at home. Still not perfect and it probably will not or it will along time to get back.

But also Guys we all should be thankful for what we have and the technology that these guys are doing for us so we can hear again. At the end of the day I'm just happy to be able to sit and have a conversation with my kids and thats all I wanted and that's what MED-EL have given me. So I'm so thankful for what they done.... peace out guys. Pls feel free to ask me anything else I'll be glad to an6any questions the best way I can with the new sonnet 2.

• Like 2

Thanks @Jewel

With sonnet 1 my right side was over 12months and the left side was under 12months.

And I had at least 3 different maps set for me

• HearPeers Heroes

@Michael Drury

Does Sonnet 2 carry the same mic setting options as Sonnet 1, i.e. Natural, adaptive, auto adaptive and omni? 

If so which of the above are you using in your Sonnet 2?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Michael Drury

I love hearing how thrilled you are with your CIs.  They have been life changing for me as well.  So thankful to Med-El !

The item you love is called AudioLink.  It also works with Sonnet as well as Sonnet 2.  It seems like you are really enjoying it and that is terrific!

The app is called AudioKey.  It will be helpful to have the FineTuner controls on our phones.  How is it impacting your phone’s battery life?

I look forward to hearing more about Sonnet 2 users’ experiences.  I am curious about how things sound with that new chip and adaptive intelligence in ASM 3.

In the US, we are waiting to hear of the release date for AudioLink and the availability of the AudioKey app.  

Thanks for being so willing to answer questions!  Have you met many other Med-El  CI users near you yet?

• 2 months later...

so the sonnet 2 actually has an app that works on your phone without carrying a fine tuner. I have only had my implants just over a year I sooooo want somthing with an app. The fine works ok but I can never remember what map is what lol. I wear my sonnets more than more rondo or rondo2 and like the sound of them the best just soooooo want an app. Can you bluetooth music directly to them without a neckloop ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mike

The name of the app is AudioKey.

The Sonnet 2 works with the AudioKey app directly via BT.  But at this time, Med-El has not mentioned direct all audio streaming for Sonnet 2.  Med-El mentioned the app for

-our remote

-find my processor

-stats and parent controls

but no direct music/audiobook/etc streaming

Sonnet 2 will use the AudioKey app directly.

Sonnet 1 will use the AudioKey app through the intermediary device called AudioLink.

AudioLink with Sonnet 1 or 2 is direct BT ONLY for phone calls.  All other audio must go through a A2DP converter app.  For me, the decrease in sound quality is very noticeable.  I prefer the better sound quality with headphones or the Artone neckloop.  Everyone is different with tech so if you get a chance, check out the AudioLink at a Med-El Meetup.  

Link to Med-El info on the app called AudioKey

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/remote-controls/audiokey

that's funny I have often done the headphones as well its bit tough to get them just right but does work well. I had to use them for my first movie experience was a bit discouraged they advertised having telecoil but didnt 😔