Accessories to go with my implant

SWS0107

I'm a 28 years old female diagnosed with progressive hearing loss. It had been a difficult journey last 6 months visiting the audiologist every two weeks to reprogram my aids and visiting doctors to find the cause of my hearing loss. I could never feel things stabilizing. Finally my doctor has recommended me as a CI candidate. The cause is still unknown which is devastating. Hearing everyone's journey, I'm hopeful things would change for me. I need CIs for both ears, but I have decided to get one ear implanted first and use aid for residual in my other ear. I'm eligible for some accessories with my first CI. What kind of accessories are most helpful for outdoor activities and workplace?

I'm scheduled for surgery next month and definitely will appreciate some encouragement.

• HearPeers Heroes

@SWS0107

I am sorry to hear of your rapid hearing loss.  Progressive hearing loss is no fun.  Getting cochlear implants has really changed my life.  It is the absolute best hearing I have had for decades.

Which processor are you choosing?

On 9/26/2019 at 4:54 PM, Mary Beth said:

@SWS0107

I am sorry to hear of your rapid hearing loss.  Progressive hearing loss is no fun.  Getting cochlear implants has really changed my life.  It is the absolute best hearing I have had for decades.

Which processor are you choosing?

I will be getting two processors. I decided to get Sonnet 2 and Rondo2

• HearPeers Heroes

Terrific! @SWS0107

If you enjoy being in the water, you will love the Rondo 2 in waterwear.  

Using my Rondos in waterwear in the ocean is one of my favorite things!

5 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@SWS0107

Which accessory choices are you asking for suggestions about?

Accessories for the following purposes:

TV streaming

Phone call streaming

Meetings (Roger mic or Roger pen?)

Swimming

Remote control?

I am using resound hearing aids at the moment and have several accessories to assist in my hearing. Wondering if I need assistive devices with medel CI?

• HearPeers Heroes

@SWS0107

My favorite accessory is the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  It streams all audio from BT devices (phones etc).  MT setting mixes the audio and T is steaming audio only.  It costs around $130 and can be purchased from Artone or Amazon.  I have 2. One is always charging up.

Swimming- waterwear for Rondo 2 covers from Med-El .  In EarGear Rondo covers with tether and clip.  All under a Nammucap.  My favorite set up in the ocean!

E98683D7-527D-4B0A-9932-E507C1E3CE1C.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

The Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2 come with a remote.  Sonnet 2 can also use the AudioKey app as a remote.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sonnet 2 has an accessory called AudioLink that can also work as a remote mic.  It can connect other ways too.

Rondo 2 can use the Roger System with a Roger MyLink neckloop receiver.

Thanks @Mary Beth for your suggestions. i am getting the water wear. I can only choose only one streaming device under my insurance. I will be getting audiolink. Its a shame no one streaming device is compatible with both rondo and sonnet

• HearPeers Heroes

@SWS0107

That is a good choice.

There is an option that works for both.  Roger Select or Roger Pen with the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver BUT then you must be on T or MT and will encounter electromagnetic interference in some settings.

If you choose AudioLink for Sonnet you can always purchase the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop online for your Rondo 2.  It also works with Sonnet 1 & 2.  It would expand your options.  It costs $129.  Just something to keep in mind.  

You must be getting excited!

• 2 weeks later...