Jump to content
imran khan

warranty or damage OPUS-2

Recommended Posts

hi dear forum members

 

can someone please help me to know what is the processor warranty and how its work? for example i have my 4 years old son OPUS-2 and we washed it by mistake in washing machine. what will happen next now ? medel will change full device or just processor replacement and how much it cost ?. we will pay repair cost ? or replacement cost ? it was activated 22 months ago .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@imran khan

I am sorry to hear that your son’s processor went through the wash.  Have you tried putting it through the dry kit for several cycles to see if it still works?  Sometimes people get lucky.

 

The warranty varies from country to country.  I will tag @MED-EL Moderator so they can assist you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@imran khan

I am sorry to hear that your son’s processor went through the wash.  Have you tried putting it through the dry kit for several cycles to see if it still works?  Sometimes people get lucky.

 

The warranty varies from country to country.  I will tag @MED-EL Moderator so they can assist you.

we feel sad for its happen too .

my point is i went local med-el they just replaced the processor and cleaned D-COIL  replaced cable too(which i paid ) now we are using replacement processor with our old d-coil magnet battery pack . its fine? what will happen next ? we will received new set of device or just processor will be replaced by med-el . we will pay any price or it will be covered with warranty ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son damaged d coil and the Pakistan representative demanded 400 dollars for replacement while the warranty period is still not expired and there is one time damage and loss policy of the company

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they give me this part new only its ok as per warranty system ?

 

 

indexq.jpg

rest is everything old its works like this ?

index.thumb.jpg.218cfd77e2d0c84c8b290d6003a1dbae.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shuja said:

My son damaged d coil and the Pakistan representative demanded 400 dollars for replacement while the warranty period is still not expired and there is one time damage and loss policy of the company

 

i am worry about warranty policy too they may give us new parts only and reclaimed full new set of device on our name . and in future we need full loss and damage warranty and med-el may say we already have claimed it .i want to know full details of warranty so i have better understanding .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@imran khan

Did all of that damage to the D-Coil happen in the washing machine?

I do not know how warranty, damage, etc is handled by Med-El in your country. @MED-EL Moderator will be able to assist you.

If all the parts are in working order and the control unit has your son’s programs loaded on it, it will work.

Is your son able to tell you if things sound okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@imran khan

Did all of that damage to the D-Coil happen in the washing machine?

I do not know how warranty, damage, etc is handled by Med-El in your country. @MED-EL Moderator will be able to assist you.

If all the parts are in working order and the control unit has your son’s programs loaded on it, it will work.

Is your son able to tell you if things sound okay?

hi mam

 

no this damage was previously by biting it lolllzzz. yes after we got replacement parts everything is working well my some i hearing and answering the world same as before . he is bit younger to talk sentences yet but he speak words and things by names .all i am worry about warranty system and how its works .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @imran khan

we've sent you a private message for more information :)

Best regards, Verena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...