Synchrony 2 info

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Great information as always from MedEl. However only really pertinent to surgeons and prospective CI candidates. Not so much so for those of us, @Mary Beth, Already implanted. Am I correct?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Some members of HearPeers have recently received the Synchrony 2.

Hopefully you and I will keep the internals we already have forever!

• HearPeers Heroes
6 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

Some members of HearPeers have recently received the Synchrony 2.

Hopefully you and I will keep the internals we already have forever!

Yes. Hopefully we won’t need anymore surgeries 😎

• 7 months later...

I've started having a problem and wondering if I'm the only one who has had it. I have bilateral Sonnets (Synchrony implants) and Rondo 2's. Yesterday morning I put the Sonnets on and the left one started buzzing and crackling and popping (static). It would stop then start up again when it amplified a sound. I took the Sonnet right off of my head and the noise kept going off and on. I switched to the Rondos and took the left Rondo off of my head with the same results, crackling and buzzing off and on. During the night I woke up several times to the noise and would be awake from maybe ½ hour before the noise would subside to where I could sleep again. Yesterday I emailed Med-el and my audiologist but haven't hear back from ether one yet. I hope I don't go crazy before the problem get solved.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marv

I am so sorry you are experiencing this unpleasant sound with the processor on and also with the processor off your ear.  That must be unsettling.

I have tinnitus and have had it since I was 13.  When my CIs are on, I do not notice it at all.  When I take my processors off before bed, I hear my tinnitus but it is much quieter than it used to be before receiving CIs.

Does this seem like tinnitus to you or something else?

I don't think this is tinnitus.  I have had some tinnitus when I don't have my CI's on for as long as I can remember and like you say, when I have my CI's on I don't generally even notice the tinnitus.  When this noise starts up there isn't any ignoring it, it can at times, almost drowned out the voice of anyone talking to me, and every once in a while it will stops for a few minutes and everything seems wonderfully quiet.  I'm trying some allergy medicine now.  I don't expect it to make a difference but it's worth a try.

Thanks for your interest Mary Beth. I appreciate your input.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marv

Keep us posted Marv.  I hope this is an easy fix and gets sorted out soon.  It must be so frustrating.