Experience upgrading from Rondo to Rondo 2

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth yes you are correct! I expressed my frustrations to my audiologist in October and he said he could create a special mask setting to offset the dampening effect. It helps a lot surprisingly. I did notice that the setting struggles when plexiglass is added to the equation but masks only - it’s helpful 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Salik

A lot of people are struggling to understand people wearing masks.  Audiologists can create a special mask MAP/program.  The frequencies of speech are impacted differently.  Here is a link to a guide that helps hearing aid audiologists create mask programs.  The same information can be used in our CI MAPping by our audiologists.  I believe a couple of people during our October Virtual Coffee Chat have special MAP programs.  Possibly @Megan L. and @phobos512?  Am I remembering that correctly?

i will try to contact my local audiologist and ask him to create new special mask map, i hope he knows what to do. 

Anyone struggling to understand on Rondo 3 as it got 2 mics n auto noise leveling like sonnet 2.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Salik

Rondo 3 just released this week in the US but like Sonnet 2 in the US the adaptive intelligence features of ASM 3 are not yet available here.  They need FDA approval first.