kblgy

AudioKey not pairing with sonnet 1

I just received my Audiolink I ordered for my sonnet 1.got it all paired up but when I try to use Audiokey it says connected to audiolink but failed to pair with processor. is this something new they maybe to Audiologist needs to turn on.

Audiokey.png

Hmmmm

Sonnet 1 communicates with the AudioKey app through the AudioLink.

Will the AudioKey display your Sonnet 1 info?

The AudioKey app does connect directly to Sonnet 2.

Let’s tag @MED-EL Moderator for some help

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for tagging us. 

@kblgy: Yes, you are right, your audiologist needs to make a small adjustment to the programming of your SONNET before you can use AudioKey via AudioLink. Please get in touch with your audiologist for assistance with this. 

Kind regards, Verena

3 hours ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for tagging us. 

@kblgy: Yes, you are right, your audiologist needs to make a small adjustment to the programming of your SONNET before you can use AudioKey via AudioLink. Please get in touch with your audiologist for assistance with this. 

Kind regards, Verena

Thank you

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:15 AM, kblgy said:

Thank you

Hi, talked to My audiologist and since audio link isn't in the USA yet witch I don't understand, she cant do anything cause she doesn't know what to do.  but I keep getting emails to download it off the google play store. I side loaded it already and when I go to the play store it says "item not available in your countrey"  .  I am in the US.

please advise

@kblgy

I think AudioLink (the intermediary device) is available in the US but AudioKey (the app) is not yet available in the US.  We can use AudioLink without the app with our Sonnets.  Have you been able to use your AudioLink yet?  Maybe I can help you troubleshoot if you haven’t been able to use the intermediary device yet.

8 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@kblgy

I think AudioLink (the intermediary device) is available in the US but AudioKey (the app) is not yet available in the US.  We can use AudioLink without the app with our Sonnets.  Have you been able to use your AudioLink yet?  Maybe I can help you troubleshoot if you haven’t been able to use the intermediary device yet.

its work fine as far as that goes, what i want is everything that also comes with the audiokey app. and according to the app my Audiologist has to turn something on in my sonnet 1 for it all to work. but she doesn't know what she has to do cause the app isn't in the usa as of now even though i have it.  and it costs me $200 each time i see her and a 2 hr drive.

@kblgy

Med-El commented just this week on their FB page that the AudioKey app is not available in the US yet.  If you keep an eye on the Med-El US official FB page or check in with your regional CEM from Med-El, you will know when the app is released in the US.  Then it may also be helpful to confirm with your audiologist that the software has been updated at her clinic to make the necessary change so your Sonnets work with the AudioKey app.

It does get expensive and time consuming.  My CI center is 5 hours away. 

This is what I am doing so I know when to schedule an appt.

How is your AudioLink working for you?  Are you unilateral or bilateral?

You know this concerns me. There are certain apps that when I try to download them I get a message that the app is not available in my region. 

I wonder whether when the app is released in the US whether I would benefit from it in Jamaica if I had the AudioLink. It wouldn't be funny if it doesn't. 

@Jewel

At the present time, the AudioKey app is not needed for AudioLink use with Sonnet 1 processors.  The app would allow Sonnet 1 users to access settings we presently use the FineTuner remote to access.

We can use all features of the AudioLink with Sonnet 1 processors without the AudioKey app.

However I hope you don’t encounter this problem.