Artone TVB. It is AWESOME!

Mary Beth

I recently purchased the Artone 3 max and the TVB. I have a Sonnet 2 and connect to the TV with the Aux jack and my results are pretty mixed. It will be clear for a little while and then a lot of static and breaking up. It also requires a clear line of sight. My couch is 10 feet away and if I put my hand over the 3 max, the sound stops. I also linked it to an Apple TV bluetooth without the TVB, with similar results. After reading the other reviews, I can't figure out the reason for my poor connection

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mike F

Does that same neckloop behave the same way when it is just streaming from your phone?  I can set my phone on the table in the living room and walk all around my house and still stream fine.

@Joan how far can you get from your TVB and still hear fine?  Does it stream while you go out on your balcony?

It is the same with the phone and the TV. It needs a clear line of sight or it looses connection, so even my hand passing in between the 3 max and the phone or TVB will cause it to disconnect

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mike F

If you purchased that neckloop through a vendor and still are within its return period, I would return/replace it.  Something is not right.

@Mary Beth@Mike F yes, my TVB streams fine anywhere in my apartment or on my deck. I have never have any issues with my neckloop disconnecting while streaming from either the tv or my cellphone. I agree the neckloop appears to be faulty and should be returned.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mike F

I just purchased a back up Artone through Amazon (shipped from Diglo) this week and charged it up.  It works the same as my other ones. Streams fine under my shirt or if I leave the phone in another room and walk away.

I hope you were able to get your neckloop replaced if it was still within the return period.

• 1 year later...

Late to this discussion. A previous poster in this thread wrote  " The ARTONE TVB IS FANTASTIC. It plays tv sound right into my cochlear device in one ear and my hearing aid in the other. "

Is it because the hearing aid has bluetooth that the sound goes into the hearing aid? If yes, what hearing aid is it and if no, are there other alternatives if the hearing aid doesn't have bluetooth? (widex momentum)

Thanks,

Joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

The Artone TVB attached to a TV audio out is a transmitter.  The Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop is the receiver.  The neckloop is worn- can go under our shirts.  The CI processor and HA are set to either MT (50/50 mix) or T (TV audio only).

As long as your hearing aid has a telecoil AND the telecoil has been turned on by your audiologist, the TV audio will be heard in both the CI and HA.