Roller coasters

kaztrekie

Ok bit of a tricky one this I have heard yes you can ride them just take the outer piece of and no you can't

So which is it,? I used to love them but don't mind giving them up if I have to.

hello karen , i was thinking getting safety helmet to protect internal implant to go on extreme roller coaster .I am going to see audiology tomorrow so i gonna ask him .

Cheers let me know what he says a helmets a good idea I will ask on Monday (surgery day ) as well

No worries ,i will let u know tomorrow what he said ;) Good luck for your surgery and you will be fine .Where u having done ?

At the spires lea cambridge same place as andy had his ee both

had our appoiments moved earler well he did i just got in theu saif yrs qnd by tjr eay

have space on thr 3rd manic two weeks i tell you

• HearPeers Heroes

I ride my motorbike every day (no car) and I had a big accident a few months ago. I didn't hit my head but I impacted the gutter/kerb heavily and the implant is fine. Just wish my body was as tough.

I would have no problem going on a roller coaster - maybe I should wear my helmet??

Roller coasters here I come well n a few months anyway my daughter was worried shed have no one to go on with

Hubbie no chance hehe

hey , i have totally forgot to ask him pop question about roller coaster  but i have found my med el booklet ,

Rides which involve high speeds and/ or extreme forces may risk dislodging the internal parts of the cochlea implant and are therefore not recommended.The risk is greatest in the first 6 months after surgery,and in the longer term for those who are risk of the electrode array extruding from the cochlea ( check with your surgeon if in doubt ).

For less extreme rides it id advisable to remove the external equipment (speech processor) if there is a risk that it be dislodged. It is possible to state an acceptable "g" force for such rides because other factors come into play which affect the exact force on the internal device

So i won't be going on any rides for a while because i already had a surgery on july 19th 2012 so is too soon .

Hmm maybe I won't just to be on safe side,2 days to go and I am at the nervous excited stage

Got overnight bag packed just in case making hubbie a list of things to do when I am laid up.

It's blank hehehe .

Hmm maybe I won't just to be on safe side,2 days to go and I am at the nervous excited stage

Got overnight bag packed just in case making hubbie a list of things to do when I am laid up.

It's blank hehehe .