AudioKey now available in Apple App Store (US)

Watersail

Just happened to be looking at it in the app store and found that it was available in the Apple App Store (US).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiokey/id1456102068

I haven't been able to pair my Sonnet through the AudioLink yet as there is a required a programming update from the Audiologist to enable it.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail

Yes I saw it there as well.  I am waiting to find out if we can continue to use our regular FineTuner remote too after that slight programming change and pairing the AudioKey to the Sonnet 1 through the AudioLink.  I do not want to carry around the AudioLink just to be able to use remote features.  So I am waiting for more info.

The regular FineTuner is thinner to carry around.  And its battery lasts for years.  It can also be used on planes etc.  I do not want to lose the ability to use my FineTuner.

Now if the AudioKey streamed all audio from my phone, that would change my mind.

I am hopeful, that we'll still have both options.

It would be nice if AudioKey does stream music at the higher sound resolution than it currently does through the converter apps. Fingers crossed!🤞

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail

I am hopeful for that feature in future versions of AudioKey as well.

Do you have an appt to get your Sonnet 1 adjusted so you can use the AudioKey app?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail

We must commit to one option for remote use with Sonnet 1.... AudioKey app or FineTuner.

I am not going to have the slight adjustment made in my Sonnet 1 processors that is needed if I want to use the AudioKey app as a remote via the AudioLink intermediary device.

If the AudioLink battery runs dead, there is no way to use the AudioKey remote with Sonnet 1 processors until it charges up.

And we can not use the AudioLink on planes per Med-El so there is no way to use a remote on planes if needed.

I had hoped we could switch back and forth at will between the AudioKey app and the FineTuner remote but that is not the case.  We must commit to one or the other.

From Med-El in response to my question about this....
 Since the AudioKey App functions as your remote control, you will have to decide if you want to use the App or the current fine tuner as your remote control.  In order to use the AudioKey App, your audiologist does have to make a change in the map, which will render your current fine tuner remote unusable. ”

Others may prefer the app.  It is good we have choices.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DncTchr2

According to Med-El Sonnet 2 processors connect directly with the AudioKey app.

Sonnet 1 processors may use the AudioKey app through the intermediary device called AudioLink.

Here is a link to info about this on Med-El‘s website 

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/remote-controls/audiokey

Darn. I was hoping that both would be able to be used at the same time. I may stick with the remote for now. Though, I do like the visuals that the AudioKey app offers. I'll have to think about this some more.

• HearPeers Heroes

Let us know what you decide @Watersail.

I am sticking with the FineTuner for Sonnet 1.

I can see how helpful the app will be for Sonnet 2 users since they connect directly.

• HearPeers Heroes

And a big thank you to @Marion nancy who alerted us to needing to choose the app or the FineTuner as a remote with Sonnet 1 processors.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DncTchr2

Sonnet 2 seems to be much more flexible with the app.  It seems like you can use the FineTuner Echo remote (new version of the FineTuner remote) or the AudioKey app at will and switch back and forth. 

You will have so much to teach me when you get activated!  Smile

1BD3A03A-1042-478B-BDBB-6D9BE01C390F.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

Link to great info from Med-El on AudioKey, AudioLink, FineTuner Echo, Sonnet 2 with its ASM 3 features active ...

Select Transcript under each podcast to read instead of listen if you wish.

http://medel.libsyn.com/2019/09

Ha! My head is spinning with all of this information...I have a lot of work to do starting next week... ;) 

• HearPeers Heroes

@DncTchr2

Thinking of you and wishing you the very best tomorrow!  Next week, you just need to rest and focus on your recovery.  When you get activated all the fun begins!

Thank you so very much Mary Beth...really need to go to bed...but well, yeah, you probably know already... ;) 

Thank you...the final post I read at 2 am was a music post...after 1.5 years, 5 years, etc, music still sounds terrible... :(  My sign to shut it down...I will update tonight or tomorrow...grateful for your time Mary Beth... ❤️ 

• HearPeers Heroes

@DncTchr2

Tonight I am going to a Broadway musical.  No accommodations needed.  No assistive listening devices.  Just my 2 CIs on my everyday programs.

Everyone’s journey is unique.  

Great sounding music is a possibility for some of us.  Hoping your CI journey is full of awesome music.