Surgery Next Week

Wayne P.

Hi all! I am so very excited about my surgery next week!!! I am going for the following configuration:

- Sonnet 2 processor (left side)
- Flex 28 Synchrony 2 (I think)
- Roger Select with Roger 21 Receiver
- Phonak Marvel HA (right side)

It appears Medel only has a beige Roger 21 Receiver available to go on my Anthracite color processor. That is going to look UGGALLY!!! Sure wish they had same color available :)

Anyone know if any skins are available for the sonnet 2 with Roger 21 receiver (will be little longer than sonnet’s battery cover.

• HearPeers Heroes

@wpeters

Have you checked to see if Med-El can get you an anthracite Roger 21 receiver?  Maybe they can get it and give it to you when it comes in if you do not open the beige one?

Wishing you the best!

• HearPeers Heroes

@wpeters

Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2 have the same design.  SkinIt covers are available.  

They probably include the FM cover in the decal sheet but I doubt they cover the Roger 21 design.  You may want to check with Med-El to see if covering the lower half moon Roger section of the Roger 21 would impact its performance.

https://www.skinit.com/device-skins/medical-skins/med-el/med-el-sonnet-kit

Thanks. Audi said that Med El only has the beige available. Did not seem to be an option for anything but beige.

• HearPeers Heroes

@wpeters

Roger 21 comes in several colors.  Check this link out and click buy to see color options.  I have friends with Roger 21 in different colors.  I wonder why you are being limited to beige?

https://www.connevans.co.uk/product/16158225/3PR212/Phonak-Roger-21-integrated-receiver--type-02-

I understand that Med El only has a couple Select units left for the CI program where I am at. And that they are not going to be offering the Rogers equipment any longer now that they have the audiolink. It appears the way that it works here is that we do not have access to a medel rep but only the audiologist for the cochlear program. Of course I would prefer Roger 21 that matches my processor colour, but not sure I can do anything.

• HearPeers Heroes

@wpeters

Sorry to hear that.  If your audiologist says the skinit covers will not negatively impact the Roger 21 receiver, you can design your own like @Mary Featherston or choose from the many design options.  They are presently having a sale.

• HearPeers Heroes

@wpeters

In the 5 years I have been implanted, options in activation kits have changed many times.  There are always advancements and new connectivity options as well as processor upgrades.  It does feel like it is a good time to be deaf with CIs.  Things are advancing so quickly.

Processor options from 2015 to 2020 in the US:

-OPUS2/RONDO1 

-Sonnet 1/RONDO1 

-Sonnet 1/RONDO2 

-Sonnet 2/RONDO2 

Connectivity options from 2015 to 2020 in the US have included:

-Quattro4 

-DAI cables with FM battery cover

-Roger Pen with Roger X(02) or Roger MyLink(02)

-Roger Pen with Roger 21 or Roger MyLink(02)

-Roger Select or Roger Pen with Roger 21 or Roger MyLink (02)

-AudioLink 

It is an exciting time!

Wishing you the very best on your surgery!

• HearPeers Heroes
22 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@wpeters

Sorry to hear that.  If your audiologist says the skinit covers will not negatively impact the Roger 21 receiver, you can design your own like @Mary Featherston or choose from the many design options.  They are presently having a sale.

They have sales a lot.  It's fun, though, you can use your own photos to make your skins.  Mine are a picture of Stonehenge on my left CI and a sunset behind a tree on my right.