Bracelet warning

masona

Any of you wear the Medical Alert bracelet for Cochlear Implant because of the MRI?

Yes I have ordered the necklace for myself just saying no MRI and to contact Addenbrokes if needed

Think it's a good thing to do

Custom made your own design? did you order online? I didn't know what the best info to put on it but Addenbrooke's number is a good idea

I just ordered the purple necklace from medicalert the necklace was£20 and you also join the £25 per year they keep all contac,medical info etc For you

So if your in a accident or anything the doctors can find out anything if you are unable to tell them,

I put on mine hubbies mobile ,cochular implant user,do not MRI scan .i also added the last part to

On line info as well just in case.you should have engraved on it any allerigies or medical conditions.etc

www.medicalert.org.uk

Thanks Karen, I'm also looking at this as well, not sure what the costs are yet, http://www.icetext.co.uk/

Good luck on Monday! They won't keep you waiting and were very quick with me, Mr N Donnelly did my op,

Thanks I have got dr gray doing mine I'll post as Sony as I can great thing about iPads you can take them anywhere

Well almost

Dr Gray is very good, he did my perforated ear drum repair before they could do the cochlear implant because any water or infection can damaged the implant, you're in good handsWink

Great it's nice to have reassurance before hand,I m getting nervous now

And have a full day planned tomorrow just to take mind off it

Though with my daughter reminding me how many sleeps I got I think

She feels it's Christmas!!

Great it's nice to have reassurance before hand,I m getting nervous now

And have a full day planned tomorrow just to take mind off it

Though with my daughter reminding me how many sleeps I got I think

She feels it's Christmas!!

• 1 month later...

My audiologist recommended I get one. I probably will, though I want to find something the is somewhat fashionable before I do. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I used a medic alert bracelet for a few years but recently went with aroad id bracelet as it is much easier to put on and take off is cheaper and you can store more medical information online.

• 6 years later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie I did order one after my first CI but haven't been wearing it.  Everything I've learned says that the Synchrony implant just isn't a concern with MRIs.